‘All cars & tracks’ broken

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MileSeven, Nov 18, 2021.

1. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Selecting ‘all cars and tracks’ when customising an offline session has always been really, really, *really* slow to activate/return control to the user but it is now hanging indefinitely for me.

Switching to other pre-existing mods seems to work ok but all-cars gives me a waiting timer and then just sits there. If I click anything or switch to another app, Windows opens the Close/wait dialogue but does not progress if you choose to wait.

I’ve revalidated local files and used mod-manager to clear out unused mods - but not done anything with the build up of server mods….

Restarted the machine a couple of times - all the usual things… Also updated from the ‘none’ beta to the latest release candidate with no effect.

The only unusual thing I’ve done of late was to get Steam to move the install folder to a new drive - but the interminable wait for ‘all cars’ to return pre-dated this anyway…

2. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Situation vastly improved thanks to @DJCruicky…

The all_vehicles.ini file had grown to a whopping 5MB and contained some links to an old drive. Deleting this and letting rf2 recreate it has a) brought the file size down to ‘just’ 1MB and b) speeded up switching back to all cars and tracks so that it is now ‘just’ 10 secs or so (in the release candidate version anyway).