ᴙF2 SIM Racing League

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by DougSpinster, Apr 10, 2013.

1. DougSpinster

DougSpinster Registered

[​IMG]

League Server is up, rFactor 2 gaming server access 24/7. You can join us on Facebook to follow our League. We also provide all info/support/downloads for rF2/mods/tracks. Hope to see you there.

ᴙF2 SIM Racing League

[​IMG]

To follow us at ISI click here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
  2. DougSpinster

DougSpinster Registered

Server status

ᴙF2 SIM Racing League , we make it simple to race rFactor 2 :cool:

Public Fun Racing

Server set up

Offline for maintenance

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
  3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

This sounds interesting...

Some questions if you don't mind:

- So you have minimum of 24X2=48 10minutes races a day?
    - One track/car combination per day?
    - What driving aids are allowed? I don't use them (or only auto-clutch and invurneability) but would be good to tell others.
    - How do you decide car/track combinations?
    - Any practice session or only quali+race?
    - Any chance for longer races? Up to 30 min? I think 10 min is quite short but 15 min would already be ok.
    - What do you mean by "Forced Race Sessions Available"? If I join I want to know what action I'm going to get... so would be good if voting for weekend restarts or straight to race would be disabled.

Hope there isn't too many questions :p

Thank you.

4. DougSpinster

DougSpinster Registered

What I am planning is something I did 10 years ago, running a server for a place to race with buddies. No competition stress, a place we go after work or school and race a few hours and laugh. I don't want to make a organized racing league that needs some kind of schedule where there is a race and all them rules. What you see is what you get on the in-game info for aids. Depending on the mod will very the amount of aids used and settings. The server is new and only has been up for a few weeks so we really don't have a bunch of buddies hanging around the server as yet, maybe later on it will get a little more recognition who we are.

If you are interest just to go and run a few laps with some buddies the server is available to the public. Black-flag is the Stewart and will take care of track rules. The server is set up as mentioned on the first post, I will probably for now run a track for 3 days and change mods daily. This can change in the future once we have more buddies and can have discussions.

Have fun ;)

Doug

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2013
  5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Ok. Sounds good. Keep us informed.

I have hosted RookiesNight_WSu for three months now (session on Wednesday and Sunday). It's also all about fun and easy access. And of course fair and clean racing. Maybe I could test your server sometime and take my rf2 friends with me ;) You can likewise join our server anytime.

6. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I like this format as my time is limited now a days, Ill stop in from time to time
    Paul Ceglia in game name

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Where do you get the vmod? Downloading from server isn't possible apparently.

8. DougSpinster

DougSpinster Registered

OH? I will check out why you are not receiving the vMod. The vMod download is here

Edit: I am hoping for some info on how to correct this problem. I have sent a message to the server provider and I made a post here at ISI for some aid on what I may have done wrong.

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I suppose you have fowarded prober ports? Or maybe something in multiplayer.ini...

10. DougSpinster

DougSpinster Registered

FIXED :cool:

After numerous trouble shooting I found out why players were not able to get the MOD from the game server. Just call me a newbie (lol) I had of course put the vMod in the Core to run the server but what I did not realize I also had to put the package in the Document rFactor 2 Packages folder.

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Great you figured it out :)

Btw, great avatar :D

12. DougSpinster

DougSpinster Registered

Thanks Tig-green for telling me about you not being able to receive the mod on the race server. I really wouldn't have known otherwise. From now on and I already done so test to see and make sure that the vMOD is available for download. I am wondering if it would be a good idea to add the track and mod to the download. It would take time to download and maybe not convenient some people. I have not tried as a test to see if the MOD will download all files or just the missing ones :confused:

Thanks about the avatar, I used Stewie's victory stand and covered over the Jolly Rogers cross-bones with the checked\flag and background flames lol

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I was wondering also on other server that why someone would use orchard lake 1.02 anymore. There is new 1.8 version out there and it's been there for a long time already ;)

EDIT: Apparently the new version comes with National stock car 2006 mod. So that explain why everybody doesn't have it. :p

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2013
  14. DougSpinster

DougSpinster Registered

Corvette C2R - Orchard Lake

A little race between 4 of us..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First little drift I did with rF2 and a first with a Vette lol,
    [​IMG]

Hi Paul,, Yeah we must get together, it's been busy for me cramming in my aged brain all this rF2 knowledge lol and run a server and stuff.. See you on the track sometimes, I am usually on in the AM time zone North America or very late night.

EDIT: I am going to change the screenshots to some better quality ones. I worked on my video card last night which I never set up since I bought my new computer :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
  15. DougSpinster

DougSpinster Registered

Fun day at ᴙF2 SIM Racing League

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Heh, nice service by you :)

I was little aggressive at the start but I almost spun :D Second race went little better :)

great song btw.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2013
  17. DougSpinster

DougSpinster Registered

Edit: The T5 Series is on hold for now.. I think I will wait to see a few online races first. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
  18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Didn't find any starting times for this...

19. DougSpinster

DougSpinster Registered

I am holding off with this series for a bit , I have some concerns about how the update cars effect people who have or don't have the vehicles to get on a server and how many players really have this mod to make this series successful. I need to do more investigating. I thought this mod was a whole mod but after reading it isn't. Sorry about that, I should have done more in-depth studies.

20. DougSpinster

DougSpinster Registered