Updated (Bug-Fixed and Enhanced) StockCarRulesPlugin.dll

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Matt Sentell, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Matt Sentell

Matt Sentell Registered

This is to announce the initial public release of a bug-fixed and enhanced version of the StockCarRules.dll plugin that controls caution flag behavior for stock car racing in rFactor 2, along with instructions and recommendations for use. The download link is at the bottom of this post.

A complete changelog is included in the package, along with instructions for use and a list of some remaining known issues. However the TL;DR is that I believe all of the major issues with scoring going wrong during cautions (the main one being cars awarded an extra lap under caution) are resolved. There are also several new features and a number of smaller fixes.

The changes in this version of StockCarRules represent nearly a year of effort by myself and the folks at StockCarSimRacing.com (SCSR). I want to thank everyone at SCSR, especially the admin team, for their help in the huge amount of testing required to achieve this result. It can't be overstated just how much time and commitment was required from people who had no financial stake whatsoever in the outcome. This really was a labor of love for all involved, and it was often a trying one.

Thanks also to Garry Cross (Machine) and Mike Schreiner for partnering with me on making adjustments to their tracks so that they work better with the rules systems.

I also want to thank Marcel Offermans and Studio 397 for their support. The openness they've shown toward me has been hugely appreciated and immensely helpful. It's my hope that it will lead to even more developments in the future. There should also be some thanks given to the original ISI developers of this plugin. It's actually quite good and just needed extended testing and development to handle all of the edge cases that inevitably come up in oval racing with caution flags.

While it's the hope and intention to eventually roll out the udpated plugin in an official public release of rFactor 2, this initial release is intended to obtain feedback from a broader group of online league admins as well as feedback on the AI performance while using it. It should be noted that all of these changes have been undertaken and tested in an online environment, so anyone who likes to race the stock cars against AI is encouraged to report their findings while using it. Is it better? Worse? No different?

I'll leave the rest for the changelog and instructions contained in the package. Note that this updated plugin is not currently supported by Studio 397. The best way to reach me with questions or problem reporting is through my Discord server. Use the invite below to join:

https://discord.gg/zGVbedp

To report a problem with stock car rules, you must include a description of the issue that includes a timestamp reference, along with the following files:

- Results file: ..\rFactor 2\UserData\Log\Results\<resultsname>.xml
    - Replay file: ..\rFactor 2\UserData\Replays\<replayname>.Vcr
    - Plugin Log file: ..\rFactor 2\UserData\Log\<StockCarRulesPluginLog##>.txt
    - The CustomPluginVariables.JSON file used at the time (found in ..\rFactor 2\UserData\player)
    - A copy of the rFm (mas file) for the event (found in ..\rFactor 2\Installed\rFm)

These files must be taken from the server if the issue occurred during an online event.

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wAP7Du9Y8QivcmAg1Fw3ZLhxTV_mYblz

Enjoy!
    --Matt Sentell

2. Taris Henrique

Taris Henrique Registered

Many thanks Matt and SCSR guys.

3. Traveller

Traveller Member

4. DaREALMastaD

DaREALMastaD Registered

Thanks for this release. I didn't even realize someone was working on this. Much appreciation. :)

5. akai_fr

akai_fr Registered

Thank for your work !

I would like to know if the game has some problems of cars placement after a Yellow flag ?

We have made an online Race last night and some car placement (asked by the game) was a bit strange... compared to my old oval iRacing seasons...
    Rules has changed or Rfactor rules are bugged ?

Badboy likes this.
  6. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I am in progress of fully integrating this into CC (currently only wired for offline, but I am making it work in online as well), if anyone wants to help test, let me know.

7. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

JParra and atomed like this.
  8. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Is this also worth using for Indy Car?

9. dosequis56

dosequis56 Registered

Any interest in open sourcing this plugin so the community can help develop it further?

Taris Henrique and The Iron Wolf like this.