Registered, from UK

DrR1pper was last seen:
Feb 23, 2023
    1. C3PO
      C3PO
      Thank you! It was a great thing to do.
    2. 88mphTim
      88mphTim
      Thanks. Should be helpful. :) Passed on.
    3. 88mphTim
      88mphTim
      "above 1.0 will just induce earlier ffb clipping and decreasing it will just make the lower forces/torques weaker." Not by as much, it is a curve, not a straight line?

How did iRacing describe what they did?
    4. 88mphTim
      88mphTim
      Would this not do what you guys are asking for?

Steering torque sensitivity="1.00000" // Sensitivity curve applied to representable torques: 0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high
    5. 88mphTim
      88mphTim
      You mean the Take a Bow thread? Already passed on.
    6. KeiKei
      KeiKei
      What, did some other finn beat you lately? :) The answer is because we have long winters and icy roads! :)
    7. 88mphTim
      88mphTim
      I'm actually thinking of giving people who I see help a lot (or perhaps, who are suggested that I miss) 'badges' like staff and testers have, showing that a) their info can be trusted and b) how helpful they are... If people want them. The rep system, it's got to be left in the hands of the members and sometimes I'm not sure that's a workable option. :(
    8. 88mphTim
      88mphTim
      Thinking about it. Will see how things go by themselves. I intended to not do much moderating of this forum at all.
    9. 88mphTim
      88mphTim
      Ah, well thank you very much for replying in here so I know. I appreciate it.
    10. 88mphTim
      88mphTim
      I'm being told the complete opposite by most people. That recent changes made the cars better. I assume you're not still using old setups which were good before if you think the physics have changed?

I believe there has just been changes to tire heat and mapping in some of the cars... And that's made a big positive difference.
  • About

Nickname:
    DrR1pper
    System: Operating System:
    Windows 7
    System: Motherboard:
    MSI Z87-G45
    System: CPU:
    i5 4690k @ 4.3Ghz
    System: RAM:
    8gb Corsair Vengence 1600Mhz
    System: Graphics:
    MSI GTX 970 4G
    System: Sound:
    Onboard
    System: Storage:
    2x 1TB WD Caviar Black - Raid 0
    System: Screen Setup:
    27" Asus VG278H in 2D lightboost mode (zero motion blur)

Signature

Guide: Optimal FFB settings for rFactor 2 (https://goo.gl/8opu30) - The key to driving in the zone/flow