The upcoming UI: color and contrast adjustment?

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Tobias Pitzer, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Tobias Pitzer

Tobias Pitzer Registered

Hello everybody.
    It would be nice if you could change color saturation and contrast in the new UI without having to install additional programs like ReShade.
    Another possibility would be to make such settings via the player.JSON.

2. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

This is html. If they allow plugins you can easily add some js to control some css filters which can easily shift colors, brightness etc. Easy job to code.

3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

After you learn to code html. ;)
    I'm think a few of us "tinkerers" will have a crack at it and if it isn't "easy" @Gonzo will graciously share his knowledge. :D

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't think the op was referring to changing the ui colour.

6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

o_O
    Why?

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The dang thing isn't out and already it seems the color ain't right. Not that the FUNCTIONS are bolluxed....the color...... sigh....

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If we can all just take a step back, the OP referred to colour saturation and contrast, AND mentioned reshade. This isn't about the UI!

*sigh*

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

:) did I mis-read this?
    change color saturation and contrast in the new UI
    sigh..... lol

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Change it in the UI. Change the colour etc from within the new UI. Instead of using reshade outside the game. Have options in the UI for adjusting colour etc (you know, for driving).

Words can be taken many ways. What I don't get is why you assume it was meant the way that makes no sense to you, when there's a whole other way that does make sense.

i.e. I can change FFB strength in the UI. It doesn't affect my FFB strength in the UI.

*Actually, I need to correct myself.

I get why you assumed it was meant that way. It's easy to read something once, take a meaning from it, and then struggle to see it in another way. Quickly extracting meaning is basically what reading is.

Gonzo did exactly the same thing above. And I didn't post anything, because I figured the OP will make his way back at some point and clarify what he meant. And in the meantime Gonzo isn't wrong (probably) about how it'll potentially be possible to adjust the colour of the UI, or of HTML elements generally.

What I really don't get is why you read it, thought to yourself "what the hell? someone wants to adjust the UI already? It's not even done!" and posted a *sigh* in here. And then, after someone asked you why you were sighing, and I had posted that I didn't think the OP meant the UI, you still didn't reread the OP to work out whether you were misinterpreting, or simply ask what was meant. Instead you just keep complaining that someone is saying what you think they said.

And now I don't meant to rant or make this personal. But hopefully you can see where I'm coming from.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    ECAR_Tracks and davehenrie like this.
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

np.
    Possibly stating it this way?
    Would it be possible to adjust the in-game graphics via the UI rather than use some 3rd party program?
    and please don't worry. I almost never take almost anything personally.

12. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

feel free to write me a message when plugins are a possible solution, i will code you this in several minutes ;).

Ah i see, the user might wanted to change the ingame graphics stuff. That might not be possible with html,css,js.

Doesnt your monitor support profiles?
    I calibrated mine as much as possible and never had issues about rF2 colors.

13. Tobias Pitzer

Tobias Pitzer Registered

It seems that I have expressed something misleading to some people. I actually mean settings that affect the game and not the UI. Something like ReShade, but with the possibility to set this via the UI.

14. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

sorry, it was me, i rushed through your sentence and thought i could help. i apologize!

15. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Well I’d like to change the colours in (not with) the current UI. For example selecting opponents is nearly impossible in my Rift as the vehicles are grey on grey.

16. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Misleading, misreading, misbelieving even if misspelt. It's your wish. :)

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

well, then, UN-sigh. thanks!

Lazza likes this.
  18. Tobias Pitzer

Tobias Pitzer Registered

No problem. That can happen. Reads in retrospect, even as if I meant the color of the UI.

19. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Can I make my entire UI purple? That's the only thing I need

dazzer likes this.
  20. enduser

enduser Registered

Yes its very helpful for those of us who dont have dedicated simracing setup, contrast , saturation & gamma, even arcade games have that so in a sim is rather an omission imho.
    Even for sound we have way more options to fine tune and in the json file even more, some screen tweaks would be nice too.