Stream side mirrors on separate device?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BeatMagnum, Sep 10, 2019.

1. BeatMagnum

BeatMagnum Registered

I'm pretty sure I already have an account, but I forgot which email I used years ago... Anyways, I'm here again to ask a question....

In this video by GamerMuscle, I can see the side mirrors are separate device... Anybody have any idea how they managed that? I want it too! :D

2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

They use a 2nd pc looking backward

BeatMagnum likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

@Marcells explained a little on the other site...Used two clients, one as the co-driver in the observer mode. Would work great except in large multi-driver team races that really abuse the bandwidth.

BeatMagnum likes this.
  4. BeatMagnum

BeatMagnum Registered

Ouch! Now I get it... It's not really that efficient eh? If that's how they did it, it's relatively easy to do, I get it. But very demanding on hardware needed just for mirrors. Anyways, I guess it's one very small niche. Maybe if some genius programmer decides they want that and have close connections with different devs, just like the multiple dash apps available now on android and iOS...

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The truck sim series by SCS software shows how it can/should be done. Completely configurable views. Not great for performance (if you add many views), but can deal with that.