Why ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2ndLastJedi, Sep 10, 2019.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Ive been away from rF2 for quite some time and after seeing the sim racing expo and S397's presentation on YT i got all excited and fired up rF2 again . I went to tracks and used cars i used before and was instantly blown away by the feel and even impressed with the visuals .....but then i jumped into the Oreca and as usual set my seat position then mirror :eek: WTF ! why is the resolution of the mirrors like looking through a 240p screen covered in Vaseline ? Screenshot (72).png I mean come on , im running at 4k with maxed settings and 44 Ai and my GPU/CPU is barley breaking a sweat ! Give me an option to use the same resolution mirrors as my main display !
    Its these little things that people make fun of rF2 with !

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

The mirror is 2k res I think so I guess at 4k it shows the pixels more
    Idk why to this date we cant choose a mirror resolution in the graphic menu yet. Reiza forgot to change theirs and the cars had 5k mirrors at first release, caused issues for some people, these mirror can eat a lot of fps above 2k

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Their not 2k ! Really ? If i set a game to 2k it doesnt look that bad even blown up to 40 " so why on a little 5" screen they look so bad ?

4. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

if you want the devs / people to respect you critism you might choose a constructive thread-title. Just "Why?" is not constructive.
    just my two cents.

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

its 2048x128 if I'm not mistaken
    Reiza content at first release used the AMS default 4k~5k and that costed a lot of performance for most ppl (it still does in AMS). Package system should be restricted to physics and 3d model, mirrors should be like rf1, would be easy to solve that for people that want higher res, u'd just need to drop the file in the car folder, unfortunately they didnt go this way

6. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

mirros are expensive for the gpu. without them you dont have to render the stuff behind you, with them the load increases a lot, so there reasons for this, not sure if this is the best option for today, but you might add a nice whishlist entry instead.

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

There is no reason for this. Cars should have a low, medium and high res mirror file packed. You'd then choose the res in the graphic menu. Easy peasy.
    That's why you cant have only sim guys developing a sim. Someone with a "game" view needs to be in the project too, would fix many issues.

8. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

There is no standard what cars should have and should not have. Every user has different priorities. As for me i dont need mirrors, i never did! I prefer openwheelers, formula one cars etc. hard times for me because f1 is not getting that much attention i would like to see (yet). But i have to live with that fact. If you collect all wishes it would fill pages, i understand the point, but with a thread called "Why" we might not reach the devs priority list which is already filled for the years to come ;).

Ari Antero likes this.
  9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Gotta stop reading here because that's the whole point of different mirror resolutions being available. I guess at this point u r either trolling or just... hmm.. nvm. Have a good day.

10. McFlex

McFlex Registered

I think this is not a issue with the resolution of the mirrors. Back then when the DX11 engine was released and the depth of field was introduced to the game there was also introduced a bug into the mirror view. The image looks like it is total blurry and unsharp. But if you look close than you will see that it's only for object farer away. When cars are close in you mirror they usually are sharper. With the old DX9 builds this issue wasn't there. So my conclusion is that the depth of field effect was also activated for the mirrors and that maybe by a fault. So this should maybe reported to the bug forum. Or @Marcel Offermans or @Christopher Elliott just read the this post and report it to the devs.

Gonzo likes this.
  11. lagg

lagg Registered

If i remember corectly, this happened some time ago depending on the skin that you have chosen. I don't remember if this happened with this car.

12. lagg

lagg Registered

13. Filip

Filip Registered

There are many existing options for improving gfx on expense of performance.
    Mirrors should be one of those options.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  14. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

If this is a bug, send a bug report.

15. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

J... You are annoying like or worse Captain Obvious, let people talk about their issues and find a solution (if any).
    In case they will report...bwoah

16. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Whats your problem? Is it a bug or not?

17. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I'm at 1080 and never noticed.