VR issues with latest build

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Booth_doberman, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

I've been racing almost nightly at Watkins Glen with the Orecas on a slightly overclocked Vega 64 without any issues. Last night, after installing the 1.1115 update I saw some anomalies and crashes on my Lenovo headset that were new to the racing adventure. When I first loaded the game, there was a mouse cursor arrow but only in the left eyepiece. I had no control over it; it moved with my gaze. The controllable mouse cursor didn't exist in the left eye. In the right eye, the mouse cursor was normal. I turned down the memory overclocking and the "bad" cursor went away, but RF2 constantly crashed after several minutes. I kept lowering the oc settings and I was able to drive a little longer but it crashed each time before 30 minutes. By "crash" I mean that the view in the headset froze while the audio continued. The frozen image would follow my gaze. The only way out was a hardware reset. Looking at the history after the reboot showed no overheating or serious wattage draws. There were several dips on the memory speed to 500mhz from 965, but I suppose that's not abnormal. I ended up finally setting the Wattman settings to the default "Balanced" mode and RF2 ran fine there. I am posting this for informational purposes only. I don't need it fixed because I don't need to overclock to get RF2 to run at 90FPS in VR. At "balanced" I'm at 90 entirely. Everything I have, by the way, is at latest versions and I did do a Steam check on RF2 (it downloaded the redistributables).

2. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Check that your GPU is selected in launcher video settings, now and then it resets to auto for me and I get a little performance hit.

3. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

Update. AMD has new drivers tonight 19.9.1. As long as I don't undervolt the card, RF2 runs well. This is contrary to internet wisdom (I know, I know...by morning there will be a meme for "internet wisdom") for Vega graphics cards, which are supposed to perform better when undervolted.

4. GIOVANNI MECHETTI

GIOVANNI MECHETTI Registered

Hello

I have a problem with the oculus. I don't see the rear end of any car. in replays you can see but while driving I turn around I don't see the rear tires. do you have the same problem ??? i mean my rear tyres

5. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Thats how it should be because it safes resources because parts do not need to be rendered

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

rF2 is very demanding of video resources so, at some point, they made the decision to keep fps higher by not rendering all of the car in the VR mode. Looks odd/dumb/wierd when you use your VR to look back, but I guess we can use the old Cannonball Run slogan.
    What is behind you, doesn't matter.