Laps run

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MARLINLEG, Sep 8, 2019.

1. MARLINLEG

MARLINLEG Registered

Hello to one and all . Advice please. When I am racing on rfactor2 race set up 5 laps when ending the 4th lap and starting the 5th lap I get the black and white checked flag . I am driving the 5th lap green icon appears with the spanner I pull into the pits,as do the Ai , i am in my red pit box pit crew refuel ect then car goes back onto the track under auto pit mode it happens on all circuits I race I use steam

One point I am 72 yr next birthday and as away of supporting the fabulous sim I have purchased

24h le mans

Two strong pack

GT3 challengers pack

Reina car Pack

Endurance Pack

GT3 Pack

IMOLA

Sebring Ring

Thank you Kind Regards to you all

A brilliant sim I am racing with

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5

CSL Elite Pedals LC

CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 all working brilliant

My PC spec built 2016

Intel i7 Skylake 6700K 4Ghz CPU

Akasa Heat Sink & Fan

Gigabyte Z170-HD3P Motherboard

NVidia GTX 1080 DDR 5 8Gb Graphics

16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury DDR4 2400MHz

Iiyama 27" Prolite 2790HS x 3

Samsung 1TB SSD 850 EVO Series

DVD Re-Writer

Lan

USB2.0/3.0/3.1

Aerocool Deluxe Midi Tower Case

Bequiet 700w PSU

Windows 10 Operating System 64 Bit

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

If you set five laps of fuel, the pit icon usually comes up a lap or two early. You can just exit out of the race when it's over, it doesn't exit automatically(unless it changes track, but that takes a bit of time). So I would say it's a bug that the AI continue after pitting, but the scoring stops once the race is over, so the results won't be different.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This could be as simple as the lapcount being a little confusing, as it shows decimals and shows how many laps you've done, rather than which lap you're on. So 4.9 means you're about to finish a 5 lap race.

In your rF2\UserData\player\player.JSON file (you can open it in normal windows notepad) you can change this setting:

"Show Extra Lap":-1,
    "Show Extra Lap#":"-1 = show fractional lap (e.g. 3.7), 0 = show laps completed (e.g. 3), 1 = show lap you are on (e.g. 4)",

You might be more used to 1, so you'll do a lap with it showing you're on lap 5 and then you'll finish the race.

Just be careful when editing that file, the : and the , need to stay there. (the first line is the one you edit, the second is just a comment)

4. MARLINLEG

MARLINLEG Registered

Thank you . I love this sim but what’s just as important so does my 21 year old grandson. Rfactor2 your futures looking very secure