Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Emery likes this.
  2. Emery

Emery Registered

Not going to make it. Ping is stable, but over 500 mS, so not much better than my satellite connection, LOL. I think too many people are hitting the cell tower on the weekends now for it to be a viable gaming option.

3. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Disappointing news mate. :(

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Great racing, I found myself leading early and in the battle for half the race, but just lacked a couple of tenths to Jim who steadily pulled away. I made a few mistakes, nearly rolled, properly spun out, but still kept 2nd with others' misfortune.

Note to self: test new drivers and low-latency settings before joining races. Good FPS but a jerky mess - need to sort that out.

5. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

What a great circuit in these cars! Only managed a few laps pre-race and ended up 6th in qually. Had some great battles, one with keeper that lasted a number of laps until he pitted for fuel. Managed a 4th place which I am over the moon with.;)
    I need to D/L the new drivers as well. New latency settings are worth a look at.

6. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Great fun as always. Qually had the top 3 within a tenth. First few laps, four of us were fighting for P1. Lazza really kept it close for a long time. Good stuff with great drivers. Everyone kept it close and careful. Good to try some drafting with these cars, too. Thanks, Bryan.

7. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Should have posted this earlier, sorry. This week we have the Datsuns and Toyotas up at VIR Full Oak Tree. There is a big difference in times between the three so not sure whether Bryan will keep them all or just pick one at this stage. We have played around with weight and the 1600 (with 100kg) is pretty well matched with the Datsun so maybe this could be an option. Am testing the 2000 with 200kg shortly to see if that balances out.

8. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

So now we have the Toyota Celica 1600 up on it's own for a while. Great car to drive. A bit different from the Datto. Still the same fun close racing though.

9. BryanBirtwell

BryanBirtwell Registered

We'll be running the 1600 GTs this weekend.
    I'd run the Datsuns, I think they're more fun to drive but,
    if you hit anything, you lose your front end... It's like the damage is on
    300%, when it comes to how the front end feels after coming into contact with a wall.

Bryan

10. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Not just walls either. Some kerbs I have to keep away from that I can smash in the Toyota. I actually like these cars (and the 2000) though the gearing isn't suited here.

11. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

OK, it's settled. We are running both the Datsuns and the Toyotas this weekend. Make your choice and have fun.:)

12. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

I'll be there tomorrow, just tried the Toyota. F*kin awesome fun!

nonamenow likes this.
  13. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Woohoo...Great to hear mate.

14. Eddy

Eddy Registered

well great fun as always. what happened to @Supa he was way ahead an i saw him entering the pit.....never to be seen again. Meanwhile i had a great battle going on with Lazza, i was leading and in the second to last lap i realized i had to take care of fuel.....well that didn't turn out to good for me so in the last lap (lazza already in front) i ran out off fuel.....ya ya i really suck at this lol. nevertheless i had great fun @Lazza great clean battle mate i really enjoyed racing you. and also all other contenders well done and hope to see you soon again on track.

ADSTA likes this.
  15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Eddy Very good racing mate, I thought your race pace seemed pretty strong if you were fuel saving. I was keeping an eye on fuel use from lap 1 and had done some laps in quali checking how much I had to lift to make the end, then when you got past (I missed 5th gear on the upshift) I decided to sit behind a few laps and save some more fuel. So when I went past I could just nail it, then obviously not long after you realised you were going to run out :)

In the end half the field misjudged it a little and had to pit, it's cool it's on a knife edge and requires some management. Takes away a little from the turn up and race aspect but at least it's not some hidden exploit buried in the setup.

Still running default setup on these, so they go nicely without needing much work. I thought Supa was going to kill it even with time loss on a pitstop, but he obviously had something more major going on.

Worth mentioning that flags are off on this server, so there's no pitlane speed limit (it says there is, but there's no penalty). Important we're all on the same page on that if we're going to be considering pitstops most races.

*Oh, and great to have Tucker's dulcet tones back on TS :p

16. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I don't save replays and rF2 Log Analyzer shows him doing 4 clean laps with no incidents. So Supa's DNF is a mystery to me.
    After 3 laps with a 10 second lead he probably got bored or felt sorry for us and didn't want to humiliate us further.
    Being an alien can be a curse. ;)
    Anyway Captain Slower than Slow got to stand on the podium with the cool kids. :D
    I might have to buy Lady Luck a drink with my four 50 cent pieces from the Celica.
    I think @Tucker Fleming was not game to try and pass me on the last lap because Mr Magoo on a wet skidpad with slick tyres was more predictable than my frantic attempt to be the first place loser.
    Great racing as usual and well done @Lazza and thanks again to @BryanBirtwell for hosting.

nonamenow likes this.
  17. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Comedy of errors for me. Slotted in behind a couple of cars figuring they would save my fuel for me, but made a stupid mistake and went on the grass sending me back a fair way. Ended up falling a litre short on fuel and missed my pitbox losing time and allowing 2 cars to get by me. Lucky to get 4th with last lap retirement.
    On to 'ol Spa for some fun.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Switched to Toban medium, spa was a bit long in these. Blast from rF1 past, suits the cars well :cool:

ADSTA likes this.
  19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Sorry to be a bit clueless and ignoring possible information available here in the thread already. But when s next race. And can a guy just come and race ?

20. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Saterday night (europe) is raceday. And yes you can just come and race....the more people join the more fun it is. And that is what this is all about....FUN and friendly clean racing. So you're welcomed Mantas

mantasisg likes this.