S397 & ISI Workshop after clean install

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Jimmy, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered

Please, turn off automatical download S397 and ISI contents after clean instalation of rFactor 2! 9GB? Really? I want a clean install....

2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I think that the basic content of rF2 during the initial installation should consist only of cars 100% designed and created by S397 and NOT by ISI + all circuits that S397 would deem of sufficient quality to be included in the official content when the first installation (including the best modded circuits, with the agreement of modders obviously).

After, each user downloads whatever he wants, ISI content or not.

3. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Even better, download the base files without cars and tracks and let me choose which one I want no matter if S397/ISI...

mlaw and David Kolody like this.
  4. Flinty72

Flinty72 Registered

Isn't that because you're still subscribed to then in workshop?

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Na, it's base content so it always comes down. Which in itself I think makes sense, 10gig or so for a game these days is nothing and new players having some common content is a good thing. It just confuses things making it subscribable, so you have the files sitting there if you unsubscribe and twice if you subscribe.

6. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

I remember Marrs said they are reworking that too, like you will choose easily what to download at first install...

7. Adam Helyes

Adam Helyes Registered

I always unsubscribe quickly while downloading. :D

8. Michael K.

Michael K. Registered

I don't like this steam workshop system at all.
    It is confusing and not user friendly.
    I also would like to have the option to install only the core of the game, without any track or car.
    Something like a checkbox, that allows that, shown at the beginning of the installation, would be welcome.

9. marmagas

marmagas Registered

@Michael K. ,as soon as downloading starts pause it,go to workshop and tick every icon(content)you want to download and untick what you don't want.
    Like you said it would be a lot better before steam start to download,first ask what to download.

10. lagg

lagg Registered

IMO the oficial content should be downloaded by default, but it would be a good thing to have an option to dismiss what you don't want.
    It should be activated by default, for newcomers.
    IMO, the problem is that many current users have to reinstall rF2 from time to time and we know the content that we want.
    The problem is the stability and the complexity of the program that force us to reinstall it. It's due to errors (stability) or to unknowledge (complexity).
    I've seen in our league several times people who reinstalled rF2 to solve a problem, when the solution was to delete the json, or a installed component, rcd files, plugins, etc, etc.
    If we install rF2 once and we don't have to reinstall it again, downloading the content would not be a problem in the vast majority of cases.
    Will the new UI solve these problems?

Corti likes this.
  11. Michael K.

Michael K. Registered

As i see it, there are 3 options, besides of the core game (as said, selectable with checkboxes for example) needed (for a first or fresh install) that would enable all users, to install the wanted things.
    - the original tracks and cars (no DLC)
    - original DLC that you have bought already
    - 3rd party mods, to that you are subscribed to
    Before the installation starts, check the box(es) of the wanted option(s) and there you go.
    One question is, what can S397 do, to offer such things?
    Is it maybe a steam thing only?