TCR OR FWD

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Claude H., Sep 2, 2019.

1. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

They don't have time to upgrade all old cars physics to latest version.
    Hence old cars feel bad or low quality etc.

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

that they have not updated for a while does not mean that they have bad physical, or that they are of poor quality:);):cool:

Emery and The Iron Wolf like this.
  3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Word.

I've said this before and I'll say it again...
    Try the Corvette C6R GT2 (ISI philosophy) and then try the Corvette C7R GTE (S397 philosophy)
    It's night and day. C6R is communicatively on a completely different level compared to the C7R. Cars that should feel very, very similar feels nothing but similar. Even the URD rendition of the C7R, to me makes more sense and feels more right. Three cars, 'physically' build by the same people.

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

huh? Are you serious??? old cars feel great, in some cases way better than new ones.
    Those cars dont need physics update anyway, in worst case only the small bug fix on the tire model and the stuff to fix overheating on grass. This stuff does not change car behavior so no idea what you expect with an "update"

David Kolody likes this.
  5. DustySticks

DustySticks Registered

I just wish the older content would have it's material system updated to the new material system

6. Filip

Filip Registered

Formula Renault has one of the best engine sound of all RF2 cars and graphically looks great even without new shaders.
    For physics I am not qualified to judge authenticity but for me it drives great.

7. Filip

Filip Registered

Could it be only down to different ffb approach and newer TC logic?

8. Claude H.

Claude H. Registered

Please keep it to the topic. I respect everybodys point of vue of different things and it's good to talk about it but .....
    As this is the wishlist everybody can oppend a respective thread.

Claude

lagg likes this.
  9. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Why should they feel very similar? The C7 has a complete new chassis, new suspension, different tyre dimensions and compounds, a lot more downforce etc. The only thing that was not changed is the name Corvette. And please forget the Urd car. It has nothing to do with the real one. The whole suspension geometry is a fantasy construction and the same like from the other Urd cars with only different wheel base

10. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I can only second this...
    I'd much, much rather drive the C6R, it's a much more involving experience, you feel everything, you don't have to second guess what's happening. I feel I have to do that a lot more in the C7R. It's night and day, and it shouldn't be.

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

To me it's not about feeling similar, it's about feeling, simply that. Previous cars felt more alive and detailed no matter if it was a high df or low df car. Not saying the current cars are bad.
    Looks like the car team is not having time to finish their job properly with these GT packs, but maybe they did with the Tatuus? Weird enough the game need a lot more tracks than cars at this moment but the track team seem to have all the time in the world, including to make a track that should come only when rF2 had around 15 of the mainstream ones, imo ofc.

Back on topic I hope next pack is TCR, leave GT4 stuff to the modders

12. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

TCR would be an excellent inclusion. TA2 would also be a relevant and fun series to have in rF2. I think what is lacking in rF2 is 60's/70's/80's tin tops (90's too to be honest). An Appendix J/Group N historics series would be ace.

13. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I completely agree
    My point being, drive the two cars and feel the difference in (supposed) fidelity and overall package...

14. Andregee

Andregee Registered

This is then your assumption that it shouldn't be, based on your feeling that depends on the playback devices. With that the whole thing has zero power of expression. I feel with the C7 exactly the information that the C6 offers, only that it's different car, which is only logical.
    Even the real 2018 and 2019 Porsche GT3's really differ from the driving experience of their pilots and it's the same raw version that's been reworked and not a completely new generation.

15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I think that old cars just had to update some textures according to the current rfactor updates, some circuit is missing too, I mean only official content:cool:,cars in a matter of physics are fine for me,,,,obviously everything can be improved, but I think there are more important things now