Fanatec McLaren GT3 Wheel

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by memoNo1, Sep 2, 2019.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Hello S397.
    I have a question about the Fanatec Mclaren GT3 Wheel.
    This has 2 rotary switches for traction control and ABS. These rotary switches have 12 stages. Unfortunately the software recognizes only 1 level when adjusting the traction control.
    That means I can only set TC level 1.
    But level 2 - 12 does not recognize the software.
    I hope you understand what I mean.
    I want to set the rotary switch so that when I switch to level 5 in the game is also switched to TC 5. And vice versa.
    Is that possible?

2. Bart S

Bart S Member

No, I doubt it is possible.
    The rotary switches are basically incremental encoders that count up or down from the position you start from when jumping into the car.
    So that is 2 indents clockwise will be increment or decrement click twice depending how its configure.
    Before you jump in the car you would have to reset the encoder position to whatever the assigned ABS or TC value is in setup.
    I am assuming this is a basic incremental encoder and not an absolute encoder.

3. SebS

SebS Registered

Hello. I posted the same in the wish list as you can see :
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/fanatec-rotary-encoder-support.63149/

The solution is definitely possible. Race room and asseto corsa competition have now implemented it and it work perfectly.. .
    And Bart you are totally wrong. Those switch have 12 different position with 12 different values reported. Like 12 independent button per rotary encoder. In raceroom and asseto I can select the setting I want. And if the car is not starting on the good setting. When I move the encoder it doesn't increment it. It goes directly to the good value.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    memoNo1 likes this.
  4. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Take a look at Discord at the Support Channel.
    Christopher has confirmed that it is on the To Do list. We have to be patient.

5. SebS

SebS Registered

Yes I saw. Thats why I'm here. It's on the list!!!

6. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

All fine mate.

7. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I did not see your request for the subject. Otherwise I would not have written it for the second time.