Nordschleife

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jason Mullin, Feb 15, 2019.

1. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

breaking-news.png

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  2. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

3. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

That graffiti better be spot on!
    I just know that someone somewhere will be really critical if it's not perfect. (don't forget somebody protested the structural merit of the roof supports of one of the stands at Toban and it's a fantasy track!).

4. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Really?:rolleyes:

Maybe under these circumstances S397 should postpone the NoS until the end of the year. Everyone should be happy ..

5. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

You mean to deny the right to moan to some individual?

6. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Like many, I hope that the graphic rendering of the Nords will be closer to Sebring than to Le Mans ....

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  7. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

That was rather sarcastic meant. No offense. A little space for fun should be?

David O'Reilly likes this.
  8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Whats wrong with rendering of Le mans ? :)

9. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Well....what Marcel says and what is going on indeed could be 2 different pairs of shoes. I do not believe they have to work much on it. I guess they finished the track already, and just wait for the sim racing expo to launch it on that kind of stage among the audience.

Max.B18, memoNo1 and andrea_274 like this.
  10. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I'll be there! For sure!
    Then I go to Mr. Offermanns and say and ask directly: Hello Mr. Offermanns, where can I do the test drive on the NoS?
    (Not the real track, that's around the corner, no no, I mean the Official RF2 NoS ..);):D

Patrick Schumacher likes this.
  11. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Perhaps you don't have to ask, as you can see big posters a few metres away from their exhibition stand.;)

It's just an idea, but it would be the perfect place to celebrate this big AAA-track and content together with all of their fans and beyond, because this is a reason that everyone comes around, trying the new track and join their "show". The perfect moment - the release of the Nürburgring/Nordschleife at the Nürburgring/Nordschleife.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  12. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

So we saw plenty of Nordschleife yesterday. What do you think ?

I have very mixed feelings, but I think thats normal because it was presented to be WIP. Still I don't think showing WIP doesn't mean that it is unethical to point out at the lacks, or is it ?

Track is huge + GP track, and it is insane job just to do basic track in no particular correct order: road, terrain, guardrails, general trees, white lines, transitions between surface objects, kerbs, essential objects, all the graffitis and tags all over the place... All of that and more looks decent and well done, also can be seen in published screenshots, but thats not enough to have a track looking great.

I was quite bugged out looking at Nords in the stream yesterday basically because I have had much higher expectations for it to be at this moment. Model even though itself appearing great looked quite too empty, I suppose many trackside little stuff is not there yet, big lack of bushes and smaller scale vegetation also could have added a lot emptyness impression. Shading looked a bit boring, lack of colour, but maybe because of the time of the day (though ironically mid day it should be the most colourful). I think track looked better from in car cams than from track external cams, IMO external track cams were not very great. In many occasions shadows looked just too painfully dark. Trees looked mostly dark, and desaturated. Also it did look strangely bouncy, but it may have been because some inaccuracy of showing cars in external cams in rF2 maybe, and also the car is also wip with possibility being too hard for Nordschleife, I thought that looked terrible at places. I was probably put off the most by lack of collours, too dark shadows, and what seemed to be unnaturally bouncy cars, which perhaps was just camera artefact... also racing was quite rough lol

Sebring looks great, Lemans looks great. So why Nordschleife couldn't look great ? I think it could, but I don't believe that it could be so in less than a month or two. But of course Nordschleife is different, it is bigger, trackside objects are closer to the driver, trees are very close to the driver, shadows are big big deal there.

muzikant and mesfigas like this.
  13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I still think vegetation’s( trees,grass, bushes....) look really bad. Even in the new Lemans I don’t like the trees at all. In many third party tracks the vegetation looks much much better IMO.

14. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I am not too fond of trees at lemans either. Looks uncharacteristic, and trunks are greenish (especially absolutely off for pines) which looks very wrong, perhaps the only thing that I really dislike about Lemans, well perhaps one more is the way realroad looks at it is getting wet with all those rectangular artificial patches appearing..

Nords obviously missing bushes big time currently. As for grass, there obviously aren't going to be any vertical features of that, just the carpet stuff, but it still can look very good if texturing and shading gets done really well, but it didn't look like that from the stream to me either. I think lawns looks pretty cool at Lemans though.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I wondered 'when' the Le Mans track was scanned and when the artists environmental photos were taken. We are used to early summer/late spring and 'if' the research was done in the fall, then perhaps that explains why so many were less than enthused about the LM trees. Nords and bushes? I don't have enough experience to compare, I will keep an eye on that though, when the track is released.

16. Andregee

Andregee Registered

That's a problem since early Isi days in Rf2. A dev told me that they make photos and build their own threes. I think this method lacks of resolution. Branches and leaves look like a single lump and are not finely separated. I prefer the Reiza vegetation. It just looks perfectly

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Absolutely. The last Reiza DLC for rfactor2 the vegetation looks much better than Studio397 tracks,,.. trees in rfactor2 look 2D and cartoonishly while Reiza trees are 3D and look more natural.

18. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

The vegetation looks notoriously bad in rF2, especially trees with the lacklustre lighting making them look all flat. On a track like Nordschleife, it is going to stick like a sore thumb. On Le Mans it was bad already, while the rest of the track if of good quality (horrible stands and spectators excluded).
    I mean, AMS1 has way better vegetation (Oulton Park, Ibarra are beautiful). Please S397, invest in better vegetation, even if it turns out into a "green hell" ! Nature and players will be grateful for that. Make it a DLC if you must titled the "Nature Pack".

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    Gonzo, muzikant and delapecs like this.
  19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Cant start the game now but I doubt their trees are 3d, probably Y or X trees. Something we have been asking S397 to use for a while but they refuse idk why, they make the game look much better
    Lilski tracks in rF2 use Y trees
    [​IMG]

20. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I have been just driving Guapore a lot lately, and besides that I just like others noticed a long time ago how good are the textures that Reiza has for the trees. The good texture for vegetation is the most important thing, then if it is Billboarding tree, Y or X, or even 3D trunk and main branches with 2D for secondary branches, it doesn't matter as much as to have great texture and shading in the first place.

And yeah sometimes those 2D cardboad trees does look a bit like 3D with very good texture.

Mauro likes this.