WFG gets a big time investor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Aug 27, 2019.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

2. Depco

Depco Registered

An understanding of where sim racing and Esports more generally are going. With rF2 as the base for WFG it hopefully will be a very rich future.

CamiloNino and Rui Santos like this.
  3. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Exciting news.

4. AMillward

AMillward Registered

eSports is only getting bigger, to not invest would be a bad move.

I remember Shaq saying he regretted investing in a small coffee chain called Starbucks. Look what happened.

5. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I hope sim studios don't go casual to attract more audience.
    otherwise it's great to see more people taking this seriously.

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

That is serious issue, because it seems like as mass grows in userbases of certain simulations, it increases way more in numbers of those who has no care about how the car should be like to handle, only cares for it to be "nice". Unfortunately it is very easy to downgrade simulation on purpose, and it also gets accepted by lots of people, because only some has at least a little bit of clue to be critical enough to see if something is "too good" which is not what basic human intuition is about. For example almost no one will ever complain why the car/-s got better to handle, and will certainly be angry if car/-s gets more challenging to handle. Thats why simracing could possibly die as pure simulation, it might ignore simulation of driving one day as it will be "just good enough" (which could be how it is now for most), and only be serious about simulation of racing. Which in my opinion can not possibly work without realistic driving simulation, but I am getting proven wrong as a lot of simracers seems to slowly show to care less about pushing realism further, and only thinking about less complex, faster racing. In future there might not even be lack of people not complaining about downgrading of simulation, but some will be even asking for it. You'll see some ridiculous stuff from people if rF2 will get way more popular than it is now.

Though it is already super easy with GT cars that holds strangely big slip angles without spinning out, holds much slip ratio without the necessity for traction control and flatspots aren't noticeable. So you already can abuse the holy trio: braking - don't worry about slide, cornering - don't worry about slide, acceleration - don't even get the skid. But it will still be hard to go fast because sliding won't be fast, but you'll most likely always keep the car in control.

Remco Majoor, Slip_Angel and Korva7 like this.
  7. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Not only that but tyre pressure are also not properly simuated because cars feels the nearly identical same to me.(it affects temperatures but no way to figure out proper pressure)
    I'm seriously hoping that AMS 2 gets vehicle physics right so that i can have 2 sims to play rather than just one.

8. Emery

Emery Registered

Remember how you said you could feel the car perfectly with your Logitech wheel just the other day? It was https://forum.studio-397.com/index....rd-of-car-simulation.63912/page-3#post-997314
    Well, this is a case of where your Logitech wheel let you down because with higher power wheels we can feel tire pressure differences.

David Kolody likes this.
  9. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I can still feel the difference but it is minimal
    I don't wanna say anything more since this is off topic

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

'keep'? That's the first thing Emery's said.

Maybe you meant me, or Andregee from that thread, or someone else from that thread. Anyway, I'm having trouble reconciling this:
    With this:

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Uh oh, post editor alert. Don't worry about it, the discussion won't go anywhere anyway. I should just leave you alone.

12. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

LOL

Lazza likes this.