Mini Mod

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Race Hut, Aug 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Race Hut

Race Hut Registered

We are very keen to get a decent mini mod working on rFactor 2. The only ones available seem to be a little glitchy to say the least. Is anyone interested in some paid working helping us with this? We have a sim venue in Oxford next to the Mini plant and a great relationship with Mini, so should be able to get some interesting data to get it working as realistically as possible for whichever model we decide to work on. Please get in touch if this sounds like something you'd be interested in. Thanks

2. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Hello Race Hut.

Just curious, how is the Mini glitchy? Could be a range of things, from graphically to physics. Just wondering, could be a simple fix.

Thanks

3. Race Hut

Race Hut Registered

Sorry i should have been a bit more specific. It's the accelerator pedal. It stops working in a few scenarios. Mostly when you come off the track in any way. Other than that it seems ok.

4. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Sounds odd. Does the car accelerator stop when off track or does the car just not move? I've not heard of that before. What version of the mini do you have? I updated the physics so perhaps you have an older, non-DX11 version?

5. Race Hut

Race Hut Registered

I think it was the accelerator stopped. I'm just double checking (i didn't do it myself just had the team at our venue trying to get it to work). Could you send me a link or share it with me to the latest version, so i can check we haven't got the old one running. Did you make this yourself?

6. Race Hut

Race Hut Registered

So after some thorough testing. The problem is the engine cuts out when it is idle. It then needs to be restarted, everytime you want to reverse or come to a stop if needs a restart. This is a bit less of a pain in manual but auto is a bigger pain. We can assign a spare button to restart the car every time it needs it but it is far from ideal. Any ideas?

7. dylbie

dylbie Registered

This is a problem with the idle in the engine.ini file. I had the same problem on the MR2 recently. It should be a fairly simple fix.

8. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Besides of the idle settings, you should also check the engine inertia (all values are in the engine ini file).
    If the inertia is too low, it could have the effect that you describe.

9. Jyko

Jyko Registered

@Mangoletsi That's the only Mini that I can currently find for rFactor2...? Can you suggest/ Link a better one plz?

10. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Yeah, sounds like a really old version. I'll send you a Pm with my working one. Or would emailling be easier?

11. Corti

Corti Registered

I think that is the problem with the mod that is in ISR. Mini Challenge v1.1
    He starts with the 1st gear engaged and causes the engine stoped
    I did a physics review and some other things for private use. By the way, I didn't know who the creator was

12. Race Hut

Race Hut Registered

PM would be great or you can email us on oxford@theracehut.com

13. Race Hut

Race Hut Registered

thanks we'll have a play around and see what we can do.

14. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

15. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

16. vava74

vava74 Registered

So... the version on ISR is "faulty" and a revised version is not public? I would really like to get a good mini mod...