Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Some testing by Bryan today and they will make the 30min around here without a stop. Did the full 18 laps.

2. BryanBirtwell

BryanBirtwell Registered

Heya guys, Like nonamenow says... I'm quite sure you won't need to pit for fuel. I did two 30 minute practices with that nonamenow guy and didn't get any low fuel warnings from the game or from CrewChief.

These cars (Datsun Bluebirds) are tons of fun! This track (Mid-Ohio) is tons of fun! Put together and they are just tons and tons of FUN!

Practice starts in one hour! Be there! Unless you don't like having fun...

Bryan

3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Hard to disagree.

I sense a theme here!

Unless you forget about the importance of the word "together" to achieve the "tons and tons of FUN".
    My ability with maths is basic but I was not surprised to calculate that:
    Car - Track x 3 = bugger all fun
    So it seems my driving ability is sometimes not any better than my maths ability. :oops:

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Shouldn't that be Track - Car x 3? :p

Good fun, Bryan fell asleep on the grid so that pushed me to the back, good little fight with those around me and thanks to ADSTA for falling off as well (or, "yielding in a gentlemanly fashion"), but by the time I got to 2nd Paul was well and truly gone. I needed another 2 laps and for him to run out of fuel.

So far it looks like we're back to the F3s and at LRP (no chicanes), good combo and all stock content so hopefully get some numbers in!

ADSTA likes this.
  5. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

All our races seem to be fun. I was lucky and got away to a good start and went hard for the first 6 or so laps before settling down and looking after fuel and tyres. Still only had 1.3l left at the end.
    Yes we are back to our old faithful F3's around Lime Rock. Great combo and hope to some some of our regulars back.

6. Emery

Emery Registered

Today? What time?

7. Emery

Emery Registered

Well, maybe I won't make it. Just logged on and my ping was 585 mS... ugh. Used to be under 200 mS with this connection!

8. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

It's one hour away mate.....Might improve...mine does. We don't usually have probs. Even with a heap of Sout Americans on and they usually ping high.

9. Emery

Emery Registered

Well, it went okay for a few laps in the race, but then connection dropped. Hope that wasn't a problem for nonamenow.

10. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

No mate, all good for me. Bad luck on the connection, you were going well

Emery likes this.
  11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It varied quite a bit over the first couple of laps, at one point was down to around 150 and all smooth but before and after that was 4-500 and had you moving around a bit. I've seen similar before on either a wireless connection or with kids/others using other PCs on the same connection, not sure if either applies. The disconnect would suggest something a little more serious. Hopefully you can get it sorted anyway.

I spent a little more time thinking about Emery's ping than my driving and completely stuffed up T1, ended up at the back, but had a speed advantage so concentrated on gradually reeling everyone in to look after my tyres and ended up getting back into the lead.

Just need everyone who occasionally turns up to turn up most of the time, and we'll have 50%+ bigger grids :)

nonamenow likes this.
  12. BryanBirtwell

BryanBirtwell Registered

Hiya Race Fans!

Today's race went well for most. Sorry for the connection problems Emery, your pings, one way, were going from less than
    40ms to well over 550ms. Better luck next week!

The track of the week is: Buriram Interational Circuit. "nonamenow" found it in the Work Shop by searching for "Interational".

Anyways, in case you didn't know... Buriram International is a FUN, Challenging, FUN, circuit!

It's loaded up on the server now!

Bryan

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

"International" :)

14. BryanBirtwell

BryanBirtwell Registered

Yeah... that too.

15. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Server is back up on the new build. Hope to see you all there for some fun.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Magnificent racing today, little bit of time spread in qual but a lot of side by side throughout the race kept everyone in the fight.

I got deep into t2 (3?) and may have pinched Cookie at the apex, rear contact half turned me. I tried to straighten up but caught his rear as he moved past, so we both ended up spinning. Got back into 3rd after a few laps then profited from an intense battle up front to catch back up. More battling and still in it into the last lap but couldn't quite get in a position to try and pass Supa. Great racing though :cool:

Road America next, classic track, fun cars.

17. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Bit of a lonely race for me. Slipped through to 3rd when you and cookie had your mishap but knew I would get caught pretty quick. Concentrated on keeping it all clean and tidy and watching my tyres. Look forward to next week.:)

18. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Moving this Tuesday, hope to be back up by Saturday after next (Sept. 7th) and rejoin the festivities!

Lazza likes this.
  19. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Be great to have ya back on track mate.:)

20. Emery

Emery Registered

Unless something comes up, I should be there Labor Day weekend.

nonamenow likes this.