Released New!!!! Two Strong Pack (McLaren Senna GTR / The Aston Vantage GTE)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Maybe I'm wrong, but I have the feel this repeating discussions about the price, when S397 releases some dlc-stuff, is mainly part of the rF2-world. I don't know how people think business is running, but we normally get content on a very good level to a very fair pricing.

Max.B18 and juanchioooo like this.
  2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I'm just waiting for the day when people will start to complain about the costs when S397 will release free of charge official content, like the tatuus pack for example. :D

3. Patrick Schumacher

Let's wait and see what the competition system/online mp costs. For me it's not safe this is running without any extra costs.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I, for one, was not comparing iR to rF2. I was just informing that you need all the cars the server has loaded. Thus, since 99% of servers buy the full pack, you too need the full pack. EVEN if you don't like BMW or Merc or etc etc.
    Folks from outside the rF2 family will go nuts....users in the family will say....oh well.. Remember most of the rF2 code was done 8 years ago by ISI, a talented group of coders but not known for their ease of use. S397 is improving the entire package, but not at a very fast clip. I wonder if they 'new' competition system, will allow single dlc purchasers to join a server that has all 5 or 10 cars loaded. It may happen, but for now, no.

5. williang83

williang83 Registered

Most of the code was done 14 years ago, then 8 years ago they added a few improvements since it is so obvious that the code design is the same since it shows the exactly same limitations and bad design choice.

Fixed that for you

PS: as developer i find this studio case rather hilarious. When it comes the time for a new product release, rf2, and you have an old and very bad design code, you simply write a new design from scratch using the old one as guide of what you should not do. What did ISI do? Kept the same old design and just implemented a few improvements above it....hahaha

6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

you talk about economic arguments, when you have nothing to allege because iracing is a robbery, you change arguments for another controversy, if it is so horrible for you, I don't know what you are wasting time here, you are just a troll

David Kolody likes this.
  7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

People discuss physics with no actual figures to base it on, people judge what's been done with code with no access to the code to know if it's true, people say the moon landings were fake without even high-school physics knowledge and believing everything they see on youtube. And now I'm making things worse talking about people talking in a thread about DLC.

I haven't bought these cars, as I haven't seen a reason to, but it will be annoying if I can't join a server because I only have 15 of the 16 (or 17) cars being used on it. I went on a DLC spending spree a few weeks ago and I've not even touched 50% of that content yet, while I haven't spent enough time in any of those cars to feel like I'm beginning to get a feel for them. This doesn't feel like the best way to support multiclass racing, but S397 (by actions and by name) seems focused on that endurance racing. I'd suggest it would actually be better to charge more per car and allow people to only own the one they're driving, but then you need to support 'try before you buy' because no one wants to spend more and then have something they don't like/want.

Emery, mr.Sw1tchblade and juanchioooo like this.
  8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

If you buy a pack, you try it, that with less than two hours, you know if you are interested or not, and you return it if you do not like it, they return the money:);)

pkelly likes this.
  9. williang83

williang83 Registered

Are you autistic or what? I made my point and then i moved on, i'm not here to convince anyone.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  10. williang83

williang83 Registered

That being said, are you a worshiper by profession? I cheer up for no product and neither i'm a fanboy, i analyze their pro and cons and that's it. rFactor is extremely far from being a polished product and the only thing that keep it afloat is the combination of good physics, "low cost" and great ffb (we could add a meh AI among very bad implementation of the competition).

I don't even hold an iRacing subscription from like 4 years now, but just because it is expensive no one can deny that it's the more polished product in the market by far and not the opposite just because it is too expensive for you.

It is already years that rFactor keep promising to move forward to more polished goals but, dx11 aside, nothing has changed since i quit playing like 4 years ago. I have returned to sim racing like a year ago and currently i only play rFactor 2 but i'm far from feeling satisfied. I have big hopes in AMS2 because it doesn't take much to provide a polished product, if compared to rFactor2, as long as that's the initial intent. I'm getting tired of this coming UI and even then there are so many more things others things broken/missing that still the experience will be poor.

11. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

you are wrong!
    nothing has changed?
    new content is high quality
    new content is licensed
    graphics as you said

some aids moved to the setup page when a car has that aid.
    there are weather improvements on the tire and graphics side.
    there are several performance improvements to improve fps, stuttering, etc.
    there is virtual reality option
    there are better loading times now
    security has enhanced
    the competition system has already been used for the wfg stuff, also new

the new gui is upcoming and the base for many years and features to come, in first it will replace the old gui and then gets enhances which then is easy compared to before.

this will also kick out the launcher sooner or later to have everything in one window.

there were tons of content updates. not for every piece, but for the most
    we have laserscanned tracks now at the currently highest possible quality, except for trees, but thats my personal opionion.

there is a new hud containing mor tire data, data about wetness and its way more modern in general.

i bet i forgot tons of new things, but saying nothing has changed is completely wrong.
    Its just that rF2 was in a very bad state before they overtook it, you cannot fix everything in that short period of time. Many things depend on each other. VR support depended on dx11 and graphics improvements, competition depends on new gui, new setup-page things or a trackmap depend on the new gui. One step after the other, while that the team is growing, steps get larger as you might have seen on the track-release-frequency.

Well, that said they could have take rF2, do not release anything, develop for 3-5 years and then release all stuff at once. But then in that time rF2 community would have died completely.

Leynad, D Nichols and GrimDad like this.
  12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

If you want, I remind you of the bullshit you have said before !!!, the best thing you can do is leave 4 more years ... troll

13. lagg

lagg Registered

It's a hobby and it's supossed that we have to enjoy it.
    Currently you prefer iRacing and you have big hopes in AMS2.
    Why are you playing rF2?

14. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Can we please calm down a bit, or take a break. Too much name calling here.
    If you don't like the pricing, fair enough say it once, but don't hammer it on here over and over. Agree to disagree ;)

Leynad, Rony1984, RaceNut and 11 others like this.
  15. Patrick Schumacher

Solved my problem and rF2 starts again :). Direct afterwards I bought the pack (as always). I'm looking forward to have a race now :)

16. Patrick Schumacher

Wow...the Senna GTR is near to perfection. Endless grip and traction, the tail comes around every corner. Easier to drive than any of the GT3.

17. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

@Christopher Elliott
    First, forgive me for being late to the party and also if this has already been mentioned.
    I am not a salesman but I do know it makes it hard to sell something if people don't know exactly what you are selling.
    In the description of the Two Strong Pack on Steam there is no mention of what make and model the cars are.
    Unfortunately in this case the old saying that a picture tells a thousand words is not the case.

Emery likes this.
  18. Art

Art Registered

Have the same with Aston GTE over 150 km/h.
    I have music or something in the loop in the background of engine sound, Its getting louder and louder if I ride faster.
    When I turn off engine sounds - the annoying background sound disappear - so probably there is fake sample of sound.

I reinstall drivers, and check another card - and problem exists.

Please help us with fix.

Jeremy Talbot likes this.
  19. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Just a thought, no idea if it will help, have you tried changing the "number of effects" in the audio options.

20. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Registered

Yeah I've tried that, plus mucking about in the json but to no avail

Art likes this.