Oreca 07 car setup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paulus_NL, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Paulus_NL

Paulus_NL Registered

Still playing with the car setups for the Oreca 07.
    Not sure what all settings will do etc i noticed some like Motor mode (where you can choose qualify, race etc). And of course the down-force or Le Mans profile settings.
    But now i need to find out how i can solve/reduce the over steering i get.

Any tips or setups you can share (for Le Mans track)? :)

2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The easiest way to work on oversteer or understeer issues for me is to work on the mechanical basics. So I adjust tire preassures and especialy the ARBs. If you lower the rear ARB the rear end of the car tends to oversteer less. This is where you can get the best and quickest balance changes done without touching the aero. After that I would adjust the diff, so power, coast and preload settings. And in the end, if nothing else helps, you can start adjusting camber and wings. Ride height is usualy set as low as possible but with fuel loads in mind. And dependend how you balance front and rear right height, you can adjust car balance aswell. Even shifting weight and break balance can do wonders dependend on where you face issues (corner entry, apex or exit). Anyway, there is no golden rule because it all depends on driving style. Best is to look for some tutorials on how to setup a car.

The motor mode you are referring to is the fuel mixture. Race is slower but saves fuel, quali mode works the other way around.

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I use this, it's very helpful. image0.png

avenger82 likes this.
  4. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

This is old thread but hopefully i will get an answer
    So i just bought Oreca 07 so far so good But i'm surprised by the amount of diff preload this car has upto 500 Nm !! is this real ?
    or is it some mistake?