[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Scott Vermeyen, send me (upload zip somewhere) all xml log files, from before the problem and after the problem, both Qual and Race, that you use in championship.

2. KostasGR

KostasGR Registered

We have been using this plugin for Championship Log Manager and Livetiming and on the first part it is amazing! Great job on that. On Live Timing there is some essentials things missing like the ability to see the laps that the driver has done with more analysis. Also I don't know if it is a bug or not but sometimes after a session has finished it doesn't show all the drivers but only those who where there when the session ended.

Also I want to ask. Do we have the ability to change or add our own code or making changes to the default adding features? Just for personal/championship use of course.

Thanks

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I can not transfer so much data to Live Timing, it will slow down widget for clients and probably for server also. You can look at detailed lap data after session ends in r2la session report.

That is how rFactor saves data to xml. Not r2la problem. I think if Practice, Qual or Warmup session will switch automatically to next one it might save disconnected drivers, but if its restarted or forwarded it won't, but I'm not sure. Maybe it always not saving disconnected drivers for that sessions. It will always save all drivers data for Race session.

I only distribute compiled version of app, so you can not add or change code. You can change some css styling in rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.22\web2py\applications\r2la\static\css\app.css. You can add custom js files to r2la pages, (look at form on "Options" page. that was made for embedding r2la pages into other pages that require custom js), but I don't think you can do much with those.

4. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

Edit, was looking for a place to write notes, I found it :)

5. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

Hi!

One question. If I were wanting to enter a network path into the path options, how would that look?

I tried by beginning with a "\\" [path], but got errors.

Thanks.

6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I did some googling, and while I never thought network path could be used, it might work. I use os.listdir to get xml file from directory and it should support network paths. Looking at this info, you could try entering "//servername//path//folder//" (without quotes). I have no way to test this.

7. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

It does work. The problem I was having, actually, was that I ended the path at the rFactor install. Once the "//userdata//log//results" was added, it worked splendidly.

Thanks! Nice program.

8. Felipe Granado

Felipe Granado Registered

Hi (again.. hahaha)

I have some difficult to apply penalties to some drivers. I tried in various browsers. Can you halpe me? Follow Screenshot:

Note that penalty buttons are inactive...

(Obs: Using .21 version)

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  9. Felipe Granado

Felipe Granado Registered

If I can put suggestions, there many pages in this topic. I don't know if you can clear this topic and create a FAQ in first post (if is done, retire my words.. hahaha).

But the system is amazing to organize championships. In Virtual Endurance Brazil is a official manager platform.

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Felipe Granado, penalty buttons are only active for drivers that finished on the same lap. I was not able to figure out math of applying penalties when drivers are on different laps (I think its not only me, it might be very difficult). You can use "Edit" button to apply position change or time change manually for drivers on different laps.

I will think about adding a FAQ. There is already "Help" page with some info in r2la itself. Also there is a "Steam r2la Guide".

Felipe Granado likes this.
  11. MAURO EKERMANN

MAURO EKERMANN Registered

Hi
    Is it possible to create ranking system using rf2 LA or shared memory plugin?
    Is there any post about ranking?

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Closest thing to rating in r2la are "All time stats / Custom stats" tables on "Championships" page. They aggregate stats from all or selected championships and have "rating" points for top 10 in every championship race (look at TOP10 column).

Mauro likes this.
  13. Nobkins

Nobkins Registered

How are races associated with Qually sessions in a championship?

We had a server that crashed after the warmup session. We restarted and skipped straight to race once everyone had joined. How do I associated the qually session with the race. It does not seem to be doing it automatically.

Thanks

14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Value of <DateTime> tag at line 9 in xml should be the same.

Open race and qualy logs in some text editor and copy value of <DateTime> tag at line 9 from race log to qual log. Save changes. Refresh r2la.

Felipe Granado and Nobkins like this.
  15. Nobkins

Nobkins Registered

Perfect that fixed it. Thank you.

16. AfarNUFC

AfarNUFC Registered

I come and go with racing sims, last time I was in the zone, this app made rfactor2 so much more fun for me I loved it. However I can't get the localhost to run now, dunno what happened, maybe a windows upgrade messed with it. When I run the batch file I get this error:

socket.error: [Errno 10048] Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted: ('127.0.0.1', 8000)

Thought this was because I already ran the batch file but When I try to load the web page this happens every time:

This 127.0.0.1 page can’t be found
    No webpage was found for the web address: http://127.0.0.1:8000/

HTTP ERROR 404

Any ideas where I can start to troubleshoot ? I'm no networking expert, but perhaps some other program is using port 8000.
    When I check Resmon's listening ports I don't see any PID's of 8000. I tried uninstalling and re-installing from the OP's link. Google searches for help have failed me. Help me Obi wan you're my only hope !!

Forget all this, found the problem, a program called Driver Support had wormed itself onto my system sometime in the past and was using the same port. Uninstalled that crap and fixed the issue. I found it by typing netstat -ab into a dos box.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Nibo likes this.
  17. Nobkins

Nobkins Registered

I am sure this has happened in the past as I keep finding championships with missing files. But this time I saw it happen.

I refreshed the server and 200+ logs files were removed. No settings were changed just wanted to bring in the latest logs from a race.

The files were not moved into the r2la_temp folder. They were just removed.

Fortunately I had a backup so I could restore them and they have stayed.
    I have auto refresh set to 5mins and also
    Remove logs without lap times on refresh:
    Remove logs without drivers on refresh:

both ticked.

However it seems sometimes something goes wrong and race files are removed incorrectly.

Is there any logging to see what happened? Where are the log files?

18. Nibo

Nibo Registered

There is no logging for that. Except, if there was an error it might be visible in cmd window, look there and copy message here if it exists.

I did a bit of a review and I don't see how that could happen. In code, there are 2 commands one after another: first - copy file to r2la_temp, second - remove source file. If copy fails, remove command should not be executed... Also I see no logic in code how 200 files that previously were not marked for deletion suddenly are. But anything can happen, of course.

Maybe something or someone deleted that files on your system? Then r2la will see that they are gone and delete their corresponding reports on refresh from database.

Do you see any pattern in deleted files? Are they older than some date for example? Or are they just random files? Are you sure that logs were with lap times and at least 1 driver? If you remembered which files were deleted, send all of them to me, I will try to find a pattern.

19. Nobkins

Nobkins Registered

It sure is strange. Only me on the server. I restored the files yesterday and took a backup of the log folder. I've just logged in again approx 24 hours later and the file count is 100+ lower.

I will PM you some files.

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

For people who use r2la with Automobilista. Automobilista can remove old log files from its Results directory automatically. There is "Number Race Results" option in PLR file. Set it to bigger value if you want to keep all your log files.

alexSchmurtz likes this.