[WIP] rFactor Import/Export Scripts for Blender

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Traveller, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Traveller

Traveller Member

I've made no changes with regard to rF1. I don't actively support it as rF1 decided about six or seven years ago to say, "I don't want to run anymore." To which I replied, "Okay, off the hard drive you go." Do you have a download location for what doesn't load? I'll take a look.

Jozo70 likes this.
  2. Traveller

Traveller Member

I'm working on an all nodes material set up with Blender 2.80. I have one hurdle left to clear with regard to texture nodes. Then it will be on to the next hurdle, whatever it may be.

Mauro and FuNK! like this.
  3. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Hurdles needs testers, so let us know when testing is needed! :D

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

This is very first iteration to make to the main game. Done in less than week probably, could have been faster if not some silly issues I had with inappropriate bits in GDB for this track, and few other little troubles, other than that was quite awesome workflow.

I do it like that: split objects by materials>revise naming to avoid .001 suffixes>apply rfactor material for each object>again edit out .001 suffix that appears for newly made element>rename the material appropriately and adjust it or assign the one that was created before>use magic UV addon to copy UV from 2nd to 1st UV channel (so UV wont be lost when choosing shaders in materials options that adds more channels) > export fbx, choose export selected, use correct scale, Y forward > open with gJed > edit materials and object properties > save gmts and scn > get gdb right > edit scn searchpaths slightly > with 3Dsimed point up normals for vegetation objects because it gets lost for some reason in my method > launch moddev > add a garage spot and main path > create mas archives > create package for main game instalation, test if it works > have fun > record a video or make screenshots and plug it shamelessly like if you actually should do that.

ofcourse I suppose the proper way would be skipping gJed entirely and export gmts directly, but that seems a bit too advanced for me for what I am able at this moment.

Here is what you can get rather quickly. Converted from AC, it is originally made by me with Blender.

Thought it would be fitting to this thread to show it (I already have introduced my XJ13 car and Goodwood circuit to the game thanks to Travellers Blender addon.

5. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

Hi,
    Just loaded the new Blender 2.80, and didn‘t found the gmt Blender Tools anymore.

Any Ideas?

6. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

That's simple; It's not (yet) a working plugin for Blender 2.80. For the time being you will need a copy of Blender 2.79 for it ;)

7. Traveller

Traveller Member

The scripts for 2.79 will not work with 2.80.

8. Traveller

Traveller Member

Too slow again. I'm a horrible racer.

9. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

No, you are an endurance racer and this is no sprint race :D

lordpantsington and Emery like this.
  10. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

Thanks for that info.
    I used this tool very often.
    It was quite helpful. So good luck to get it work.

11. SmashingPants67

SmashingPants67 Registered

Good luck to get the plugin working with 2.8 ;)

12. Ivano Biagioni

Ivano Biagioni Registered

It would be possible to convert the addon to latest version of blender? I mean the 2.8, and thank you for the hard work that has been put to create this addon!

13. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

If you would have read what was noted before, you would already know that they are working on it. But no ETA or other information is available yet.

14. Felix Schendel

Felix Schendel Registered

Hi all,

first of all I'm new to blender and rFactor modding. So please don't be harsh if my question sounds stupid ;)

I have noticed that all the tutorials/how tos (which are for 3DS Max) add flags to objects. I have seen that in blender I have rFactor Object Flags but only Flag_0x0000020_TriList and Flag_0x04000000_Lit_At_Night have a name. All the other possible Flags only appear with their hex number in my list. So my question is, is a table available which translate this numbers to their meaning? I'm searching for the flags like in the screenshot. Or is there another way to do in Blender?

upload_2020-1-31_8-11-32.png

Thanks for your help.

15. dxp_rlong

dxp_rlong Registered

To the best of my memory, most of the items in your screenshot are parameters found in the GEN/SCN files, not in the GMT file. If you open the GEN/SCN files you will find these parameters.

I have done dozens of cars and tracks (for personal use) and never directly touched the rFactor Object Flags. The rFactor Object Settings (should be right below Object Flags panel) provide the controls for the relevant parameters. Same idea with rFactor Material Flags & rFactor Material Settings.

Having never used 3DSMax, I might be incorrect, but I believe the S397/3DSMax plugins write GEN/SCN files. The Blender scripts from Traveller do not. The GEN/SCN files need to be hand crafted - meaning some copy/paste/name-change in a text editor.

16. Felix Schendel

Felix Schendel Registered

Thanks for the explanation.

17. jpr

jpr Registered

hello
    i have blender 2.81 and i install 2.79( zip installer)
    but when i try to install the importer (rFactor I/O v0.79 for Blender 2.79b 64-bit .) ( in 2.79b blender) i get the bad magic number error
    help please

18. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

It is because the importer doesn't work with v2.8#. Need to use v2.79

19. SmashingPants67

SmashingPants67 Registered

For those having problems exporting the files giving full control permissions to Blender may help. Tried and my track is exporting even a bit faster (maybe the speed is because I migrated to the known Hard Drive+Solid State Drive combo)

20. jpr

jpr Registered

hello thanks for your reply
    but i have also install blender 2.79b ( zip installer) and i get the same problem bad magix number