VR Content Loading Screen in Race

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Christian Wolter, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Hello everybody,

For some days now I have the problem that in Multiplayer VR race sporadically display the "VR Content Loading" screen. The screen is usually only visible during the Loading process, but this time in the middle of the race. Sometimes only for a short time so that a drive on is possible, but from time to time as long as the driving is no longer possible. The PC has not changed, is the problem known? I downloaded the latest NVIDIA driver, but I have not been able to test if that fixes the

Thanks in Advance

2. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I haven’t seen it but other VR users in the same race have. I know nothing about the cause except for a suspicion that it might be connected with warping.

3. Christian Wolter

Hi, Thanks for the answer, but the Problem is not Caused by connected User. I used a Dedicated Server only for me. The problem must be caused by something else......

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Firstly what's your VR headset? That information is vital to help you :)

Secondly, in the past similar issues like this have been attributed to two areas:
    1) Sensor position; moving the Sensor closer can help, making sure it doesn't get obstructed - for example i used to get the loading screen a lot, turned out my sensor was too low in front of me so whenever i turned my wheel 900 degrees my hands would "block" the sensor!

2) USB device conflict, not always an easy thing to diagnose but this has caused issues. Even background Windows updates to USB drivers have caused the Loading screen, check all your connected USB devices for this not just your VR gear and if on Oculus at least make sure they're connected to 3.0 ports. Also check your HMD software to see if that was updated recently without you knowing.

5. Christian Wolter

Hello,

Thanks for the Reply.

I have been using the Oculus Rift for almost a year, everything has been the same for a year and the configuration has not changed. What it could be of course are updates (Microsoft / Steam / Oculus). But otherwise nothing has changed. What I noticed is that the problem only occurs in the MP. This does not happen in the singleplayer.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

In that case create some trace files when it happens and attach them to a proper Bug Report on the launcher, here's a pic but instead of Single Player put the trace command in the Multi player tab :)
    [​IMG]

7. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

That "loading" screen appears whenever the game is not responding. That can have many causes (video or cpu related). So one thing you could/should do is try to do a performance log and tell us at what point you saw this screen appear. Also share as much info on how you setup your computers to have a client and a server.

See: https://forum.studio-397.com/index....f-realtime-physics-freezes-public-test.62687/

8. Christian Wolter

OK, Thanks for your reply. I will do so.