Missing DLC Tutorial

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by davehenrie, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

I'm getting an error with a Porsche and three other cars when I start the game and it goes to syncing content. The Porsche,Vette,Oreca, and BMW GTE cars fail to install with the unknown base mod error. They all are looking to install with a version with the lm at the end. I had the same with the regular cars and had to look in the Steam Library/workshop/content to find the rfcmp and put it in the package folder.
    The error with the Porsche is for v.1.832lm. Needs base mod v.1.823lm. The other cars have the same type error syncing.
    Any ideas?
    I have done the unsub/resub a few times.

I'm beginning to think this is a Steam problem. I found all the files in my workshop/content folder, but the versions with the lm at the end won't install.

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

If you install a custom skins package from another league, you must undo the package and then unsubscribe from the vehicle

3. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Thank you for your reply juanchioooo. I have a brand new install, no skins at all.

4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

then unsubscribe the cars that give you error and restart steam

5. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Thank you, I've done that. I found the files in the SteamLibrary/steamapps/Workshop/Content folder and moved the rfcmp to the packages folder and installed from there.

6. Pirklbauer

Pirklbauer Registered

Hello,

i have tried every possible solution from this thread, but i have still the same problem as at the beginning.

i purchased the gt3 challenger pack....every car is working except the Porsche. i dont know what to do
    i have unsubscribed/subscribed, deleted all mods and still the same
    what can i do more?
    upload_2019-10-22_14-14-49.png

7. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Unsubscribe from the srca version, make sure the original is working first, then re-subscribe to it.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@davehenrie You literally just linked to this thread.

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I've got three posts bookmarked. Whenever I see questions like the above, I post one of those links. I wouldn't in a million years remember that I even started this thread. lol. I got tired of trying to write the explanation, then I got tired trying to find my original posts so I finally just bookmarked them all.(beta, dlc, video settings). If those don't work, then I can actually read the dang post ;)

lagg likes this.
  11. Pirklbauer

Pirklbauer Registered

Thank you for your answers.
    As i've written i already tried everything from this thread without success
    Finally it seems that it helped deleting "Skins"-Folders which were here:
    \Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Packages

atomed, alexSchmurtz and davehenrie like this.
  12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The strangest little things seem to get under the skin of rF2 from time to time and a perfectly happy install just goes to he77. I'm pleased you found a solution and thanks for posting the way you solved it also.

13. multivac

multivac Registered

Hi,
    Impossible to install these two circuits(Nurburgring and dAzur). I have followed the tutorial several times but the same thing always happens. When I start rF2 luncher, it starts to verify the DLC but it doesn't go over 16%.8 (if I just try to install Nurburgring it gets stuck at 0%)
    :(

Thanks
    ----------------------------------
    Solved
    my mistake I was in beta 1109 :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    lagg likes this.
  14. Timothy Goya

Timothy Goya Registered

Nothing in this thread worked for me. So whoever is having the same problem, in /installed/rFm/ delete "All Tracks & Cars_10.mas".

Then unsubscribe from all the mods that aren't working for you.

Then exit steam.

Launch the rF2 launcher and let it auto-download and auto-subscribe to all the official content you own. You will get errors again.

Shut down the launcher and verify integrity of game files in Steam by right-click > properties > local files > verify integrity of game files.

Hope that helps. Worked for me. No need to uninstall your game.

15. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

@Timothy Goya , glad to hear you got it working.
    Do you still have the "All Tracks & Cars_10.mas" that you deleted?
    If you still have it could you upload it here please, it would be interesting to compare it to a working one.
    Thanks.

16. 3377

3377 Registered

I have a big problem, I bought both GT3 DLC at the same time. The 5 cars of the "GT3 pack" are present in my game files, I cannot download the ones from the "GT3 Challenger pack"

I tried the following:
    1) Check integrity of files: ok
    2) Unsubscribe from all GT3 challenger pack
    3) Quit steam : "steam>quit"
    4) Relaunch steam, subscribe to the McLaren 720S GT3
    5) Then launch Rfactor2 from the steam app
    6) Rfactor2 launches, then autosubscribe to all cars of the pack
    7) I have the message that rf2 is downloading the Workshop item, 5 item are remaining (the 5 cars)
    8) on the steam app, nothing is downloaded. I says that it is "in pause: missing files downloaded" (in french: fichier téléchargés manquants). When i pass the mouse I see the file missing is the rfcmp of the mclaren
    9) The "download now" button on the right does absolutely nothing......

Edit problem resolved:

I deleted the files present in : Steam>Steamapps>Workshop>dowloads
    then unsubscribed from the dlc cars. Exit steam relaunch steam, then the download starts. I have all the dlc cars now

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    davehenrie likes this.
  17. Ruben Ghidanac

Ruben Ghidanac Registered

Hello, i have a problem with my item inventory Porsche 911 GT3 R, do not show up in game.
    All my others invetory items i purchased is ok, they show up in game.
    I try click the Subscribe button and change it to UNSUBSCRIBE, exit Steam completely. SHUT IT DOWN! Then reload Steam, the Porsche 911 GT3 R re-download (they show up in D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\365960\1596822183) and still do not show up in game.

I try to re-install game, the Porsche 911 GT3 R still do not show up in game.

it's so frustrating...

18. Goanna

Goanna Registered

@Ruben Ghidanac Are there any error messages about the Porsche when you start rF2? If so can you post screenshot of the error.

19. Ruben Ghidanac

Ruben Ghidanac Registered

Glad to say case solved, i uninstall the game and i delete all files remaining, after that, i install the game again, and the Porsche 911 GT3 R show up in game.

What i do different this time, is to delete all files of the game location after the unistallation.

20. jamesleegte

jamesleegte Registered

I had the same issue with the Aston Martin GT3 and after reading all of the above I assumed it would be a skin pack. I went into the steam workshop, typed in Aston Martin and up popped a GT3 skin pack named VLN, which was also shown in the error code I was getting. I unsubscribed to the mod, relaunched RF2 and the Aston Martin verified and popped back into my library. Great thread and thank you all for sharing.

tpw and Lazza like this.