Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Me too at Sebring, only about 2 or 3 kph slower, I figured I was just entering the last straight less efficiently than with the GT3. Whew..

2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I checked it again. I can reach nearly the same laptimes with both AM´s now but the GT3 is around 2kph faster on the long straight.
    Will have to check Sebring where the GTE should be around 3 seconds faster per lap

3. Martin Dyrlund

Martin Dyrlund Registered

Why are you saying that? The GTE pole time in the S397 Le Mans race was 3:55.8, around 2,2 sec faster than real life... That was the previous BOP, not sure what times are driven with new BOP.

Ari Antero likes this.
  4. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Are you sure it was a 55.8? It is actually 7 seconds slower than the 3:48.000 set by Nicki Thiim this year.

5. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

No it wasn't. Nicki was pole setter and did the time krusti wrote.

6. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Than the question ist, why they made the cars even slower than to slow

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Possible thought process:
    1) LM24hr online event proved the Oreca was too fast.(at least in the hands of the usual online Aliens)
    2) they adjusted the Oreca which meant they then had to adjust the GTEs
    3) I wouldn't be surprised if a BOP is in the works for GT3 as well.

However, they may have not been properly sorted, at least in our minds. We'll see if some more tweeks are in order.

8. Martin Dyrlund

Martin Dyrlund Registered

9. J7166

J7166 Registered

If you look at some of the times from WFgamer I'd say the GT3s are way too fast and the GTEs are a tiny bit too slow. I know those guys are faster than most, but a Gt3 has never done close to a 1:56 at Sebring IRL that I'm aware of. GTD pole time at Sebring this year was a 1:59.9.

10. Andregee

Andregee Registered

That's possible, too. But I also believe that the fastest times are often caused by a driving style in the simulation that you would never use in reality, that is, you use a very nervous tail, let it turn in strongly and abuse quasi exploids like the non-existent downshift prevention.

Balazs Magyar and J7166 like this.
  11. Leynad

Leynad Registered

The slowest GTLM was still over 3 sec faster than the fastest GTD and that's the pace-difference S397 should aim for, since Multiclass-racing with GT3 and GTE doesn't make sense today. 1:56 in the WFG can't be done without infinite cars, tyres, much more track-time and possible setup-exploits. Medium slicks were mandatory for Sebring this year and limited tyre-sets for the hole weekend, so the performance of the GT3-class seems fine for me.

12. Stevy

Stevy Registered

and no tyre damage and always perfect grip etc.

13. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

At Sebring this year the fastest GTE did 2min/lap while the best GT3 needed 2:05 in quali. I'm not so familiar with IMSA and the regulations there but it looks not that different to what the cars are running on Spa e.g., also around 6 sec per lap in q.

Hope I can try that this weekend.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  14. J7166

J7166 Registered

For league type racing no it's pretty rare for GTE and GT3, but for anyone like myself that prefers the IMSA setup of P2, GTLM and GTD the gap from GTE to GT3 is really important. I understand I'm probably in the minority though. This isn't an exclusive problem to rf2 either. iRacing has a similar issue with GT3s, actual iRacings are about 5/6 seconds too fast on the average track. Plus for as real as these games are, there are still some driving styles that work in the virtual world that don't work irl. Plus unlimited tires, damage repair and no worries of crashing/injuries . There are plenty of reasons other that the actual car data that these cars are faster in game than IRL, but still I feel a small adjustment in game is needed for rf2.

Balazs Magyar and McKiernan like this.
  15. J7166

J7166 Registered

This . I believe being able to downshift no matter the RPM, without locking up is the primary reason these cars are faster in game than IRL.
    It seems with the Senna GTR and to a lesser extent the Vantage GTE, that machine gun downshifting ability has been minimized at little least a little bit. The cars will still go into gear, but you have to be extremely light on the brakes in the Senna to pull that off. In the GT3s you can be at full brake pressure and downshift like that which bothers me. I really hope fixing this is on Studio 397s to do list.

16. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Sim racing gaps between drivers are much bigger than real life, if you ever do a league with GTE and GT3 mixed you need to make sure all the aliens/semi aliens are in GTE only and keep GT3 for the slow guys
    On the AI side did they ever made GTE and GT3 have a gap? I tried to do a Lime Rock race like IMSA and the AI would mix the classes way too much :rolleyes: I mean the gap did exist for humans, but the AI seem to ignore it. Now they messed up the gap again so I guess doesn't matter anymore

17. Leynad

Leynad Registered

The AI is about 2 sec. faster in a GTE around Sebring compare to GT3-times, but i'm more than a second slower.

18. Numrollen

Numrollen Registered

Would be cool if the setups would also get an update with physic updates. i builded a very strange setup with the Bmw Bop to counter its heavier tail wipe. Im not a very good setup builder but for me i have problem turning in (tail comming on corner braking), while at the apex (sliding) and on exit (oversteer)... so everywhere. Im slower what feel strange on mixed fields with gt3s

Christos Segkounas likes this.
  19. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Yeah.
    So hadn't driven the GTEs until a long time ago so all the updates got launched in between and I was able to compare the last iteration of the cars to what they were like when they first rolled out.
    First thing one notices is...
    ...cars can't be driven on the default setup.
    Looks like they lost a whole bunch of downforce at the back without the setup compensating for this.
    The BMW used to have a somewhat understeery default setup, now it wiggles it's tail more than my dog, and my dog is the happy,friendly type.
    More of the same for the Vette, less so but still true for the Aston, Porsche more stable overall but will still murder you on corner entry.
    The second shocking realization was the laptimes.
    At Silverstone I was hardly quicker in the GTEs than in the GT3s.
    Of course my GT3 lap felt damn near perfect while the GTE was a bit of a handful all around the circuit.
    Which brings us to my 3rd point, does that even make sense?
    That the GT3s feel like they drive themselves and the GTEs like they were made from ISI?
    Do seriously GT3s IRL drive like on rails and GTEs like deranged maniacs?
    I need to make clear I have not studied the real-world laptimes so I will not complain about something I can't be sure about.
    But the handling discrepancy makes no sense.
    One need not bother informing me that "dude, you haven't driven these IRL".
    No, I haven't but what I have driven are the GTEs before the update and after the update which means that if one is correct the other one is not so which is what.
    After all why would I assume they drive correctly when the P2s had P1-like performance by purpose and when every update rebalances cars completely, practically making them feel very different.
    I can't fathom that a real world racing driver would ever want to get into such a deathtrap that the latest GTEs handle like.
    Or that taking a car alike a GT3 and adding downforce to it would make it drive like drunk.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  20. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

With reference to my post here, there's been no reply to that yet, and that's a shame because it would help in giving some context for my thoughts here, but here goes anyway.

Regarding all the Endurance Pack cars most recently updated, I'm afraid I have to ask: why are these cars now so slow?

The majority of my testing so far has been at Le Mans. Let's consider the Oreca 07 first. The fastest real-world lap set by this car is 3:24.842. My best with the previous version of this car (v1.51) was 3:25.596. With the AI at 100%, which I understand is intended to approximate real-world performance, the best AI lap I've seen with v1.51 was 3:25.902. So pretty close to where it should be, imo.
    With the latest v1.69, my best is now 3:32.695, and the AI's best is 3:33.372. Which is to say, the car now seems to be way off.

The GTEs have the same problem. Admittedly I've only driven the new Vantage GTE since the latest updates, so no previous version, but my best with that is 3:55.301, where I had managed 3:53.515 with the previous version of the BMW M8. The fastest car in the hands of the AI prior to the most recent update was always the Corvette C7.R, with which I've seen the AI do 3:52.020. With v2.01 of the C7.R the best the AI have achieved is 3:56.482. The best real-world lap of Le Mans in GTE since 2016 is 3:47.504 (admittedly that lap is an outlier, but 3:49s have not been uncommon). So, if anything, it seems the GTEs need to be getting faster, not slower!

The Norma LMP3, which I suspect not coincidentally was the only Endurance Pack car not updated this month, is still right on the money, at least in my experience. This car's real-world best is 3:49.570, and yesterday I did 3:50.247, with the AI slightly ahead on 3:50.192.

So right now, with no solid idea of what the McLaren Senna GTR's performance is supposed to be simulating, I'm concerned that the other LM24 classes may have been slowed to make the (maybe) Hypercar the clear fastest. I'm not saying that is what's happened, just that I'm concerned.

To repeat what I said in the Senna GTR thread, I'd really appreciate some clarification on this.

Balazs Magyar likes this.