Released New!!!! Two Strong Pack (McLaren Senna GTR / The Aston Vantage GTE)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Leynad

Leynad Registered

No offense Mark, we are both no aliens, but i guess i'm slightly faster than you in any car and ABS should make you faster in rF2. If not, you are not (ab)using ABS properly. Fact is: Real GTMLs are about 4 sec. faster around Sebring than the GTDs and that's not the case in rF2 (anymore). The last BoP-update slowed GTEs down quite a bit it seems and going one step back would be one part of the trick. The bigger low-drag diffuser in GTE-cars should result in higher corner-speeds unlike today in rF2. Also GTEs are allowed to use different gear-ratios, but not in rF2. No need to use 6th gear on Sebring at all with the Aston Martin GTE and using the full gears would gain another second missing. What i found out about the real performance-differences is: GTEs are slightly better in anything: braking, accelerating, corner- and top-speeds.

2. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

I agree about the current situation in GTE. They now drives worst than the GT3s and lap times are only slightly faster, they feels like there is no diffuser at all, at Silverstone you have to use almost max rear wing with the Corvette to make it more or less stable, and lap times are 2 seconds slower than before, which is not the problem, the problem is the lack of grip and downforce on all of them.

Leynad likes this.
  3. Andregee

Andregee Registered

What surprises me about the tyres is that the front tyres of the older GTE, even if you drive over them massively in curves, don't really get hotter than the rear tyres, but cool down much faster. This means that after a few laps you have more air pressure in the back than in the front, which massively shifts the balance of the car. The Corvette in particular becomes so quickly impassable with the standard setup. With the Aston Martin GTE, however, the temperatures of the rear tyres on the straights drop faster, which is why these pressure differences do not occur.

4. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Mate I never said I was quicker than you nor that you are a bad driver, I simply meant ABS makes you faster simple, and I think it's reasonable that if anyone is used to using ABS not having it in the GTE could account for those lost seconds. Your other points are valid, on paper and in the real world the GTE is a better car all round.

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Took them so long to make the GTE faster than GT3 as in real life and now they messed it again.
    Dear S397... do you know what you are doing? Your art and physics team is top notch, what the hell is making them do all this mess every release or update?? What is realy the goal with rF2? I dont get what you are doing really

avenger82 and DaVeX like this.
  6. Leynad

Leynad Registered

With the Aston (both) there is a trick to stabilize the rear without adding downforce. Basically it's a very stiff front with a softer rear (both springs & dampers), rather little camper (-2,8, -1,6 for example) and might need more preload. Should add lots of understeer, but it doesn't for me. I uploaded a Silverstone and Sebring setup for the GT3, which works perfectly with the GTE as well. Silverstone and Sebring i can run with P3 wing, but the GTE feels less stable from the rear especially in the last corner Sebring, which should be more the other way i guess.
    I straight-line brake all cars like they have no ABS and prefer cars without assists anyway, so that's just not an issue. My HE Pro pedals feels like a cheat in this regard anyway, but the faster WFG-drivers suggesting maximum ABS without TC, so ABS should make you faster and the Aston GTE brake worse than the GT3, especially last corner Sebring. The GT3 is faster and not 4s slower like it should.

7. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Qualifying in the IMSA GTD class is done by the AM drivers so their Q times are not the most relevant. Of the top of my head, the Pro drivers set quicker times in the practices. The GTD (IMSA GT3) cars usually are a bit quicker in the straights, especially evident at Daytona. The GTE cars have better brakes and handle better.

The mirrors in rF2 are based off of 1 camera looking backwards in order to minimize the graphics load. As such you'll always have to adjust the side mirrors, that's nothing new.

As far as the cars themselves personally I'm enjoying both of them. It's nice to have a 4th car for the GTE field and I'm satisfied with how the AM turned out. The Senna is a ton of fun, speed and downforce of a Prototype but size and weight of a GT car. This is were rF2 shines for me as the need to manage the weight transfer and the feel that rF2 provides just entices me to push more and more. Thanks S397.

TK

pkelly, Levelup1 and D Nichols like this.
  8. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

McLaren Senna GTR

I'd really appreciate some clarification here. Forgive me if I'm being stupid, but I've read the news post on this release and I still don't feel quite sure what this car actually is, as depicted here.
    Obviously the Senna GTR is a real car, specifically a track day toy. The info I've read about it is hugely impressive. But, driving it in rF2, I've already managed real-world LMP2 pace at Le Mans. Can this car really do that? Really? If so, great! But the description Studio 397 gives suggests that this could be an even more pumped up, "fantasy" version which may or may not be representative of how the future Le Mans Hypercar Prototypes might perform.
    I'm hoping this release is intended to be a fully faithful recreation of the real, existing Senna GTR, but I feel I need some reassurance about that. If it is then, wow! What an amazing bit of kit!!

All thoughts welcome. Maybe the devs have clarified this on Discord, if so please enlighten me!

Patrick Schumacher likes this.
  9. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Jimmy said the same thing on his video about it, a "could be" hypercar spec .

but.....

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-mclaren-senna-gtr-shown-production-form

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  10. Leynad

Leynad Registered

In the Tuning-menu there is the Hypercar-option, but i guess it's slower, since Hypercars supposed to have 750 hp only.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This is a good reason for mirrors not being 'live' in VR (and I think this was explained recently) but shouldn't dictate the mirror angles.

Dan-Ove Brantholm likes this.
  12. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

There's no way to pre define the angles of the side mirrors, at least not that I'm aware of. The rear view eye point is set in the cockpit info file and that's the only per car setting you have. The side mirrors are adjustable somehow through the shader I think. Maybe like triple screen angles? Original rFactor had no adjustment. The classic F1 cars introduced it in rF2 but there was never any additional info or settings.

TK

13. HardWin

HardWin Registered

Will definitely check these out! Question: I drove the Formula RP1 (Renault 1.6 140pk) last weekend on Zandvoort. Needless to say: one of the best days of my life. That car fills the gap between karting and the more advanced formula cars. What about filling that gap in Rfactor2?

kodnin likes this.
  14. Taranta

Taranta Registered

Tatus F4 T014?

15. Bernd

Bernd Registered

The first possibility, to influence what is shown in the mirrors, is the mapping.

16. HardWin

HardWin Registered

That comes pretty close, thanks. Didn’t realize that. Still not exactly what I’ve driven (that small Momo mod 12? wheel felt awesome).

17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I thought that only changes the tag for that car, does it really affect physics ?

18. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I guess, i thought?
    Check both options on indianapolis oval, to see if one of them is faster. ;)

19. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Registered

Probably for most people 'old news' and/or already known for some others hopefully interesting new info:

Hypercar.jpg

20. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

shouldn't these lights be on?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Sebastien Sestacq and Ronnie like this.