Released New!!!! Two Strong Pack (McLaren Senna GTR / The Aston Vantage GTE)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

What times are possible with the Senna on Le Mans? What about the Oreca after the latest update?

2. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Excellent! Thanks team.
    Already purchased, will test both cars later.

3. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

also purchased. Will enjoy both cars later

4. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered

@Marcel Offermans Why have AMR GTE Position Light on Front Window? Other GTEs has this light on side....

McFlex likes this.
  5. optimal.lap

optimal.lap Registered

I am logged inro Steam and want to buy the package. If i click on the links given by Christoffer in the first post, I end up on a new Steam page where I have to log in again. I always have problems to buy new packages, but this this time I failed.

Grey likes this.
  6. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Thanks for the cars, both seems to be lots of fun based on a quick try.

7. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

I'm not able to adjust seating position in any car since installing both these new cars.
    I cant see over the dash in the Aston or over the ugly lcd in the Senna.

I tried unsubscribing but it re-downloads as soon as I start rF2 again...anyway to stop them?

Saturday 17th
    Edit: Reconfigured my controls this morning, all is working fine.
    Had my first drive and love the cars....Thank you S397

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  8. Andregee

Andregee Registered

What do you mean with logged into Steam, on a webpage or the Steam client?
    It´s clear that you will get connected to the webpage where you have to login to your Steam account and not to the Steam client where you are logged in

9. williang83

williang83 Registered

Nice! At this point what i really want, car wise, is a good gte ford gt

10. Ted Cronk

Ted Cronk Registered

I drove the McLaren and all I can say is....WOW!!!!! I loved driving it around Spa and couldn't believe the handling on the car. Does McLaren have a Hyper Car track day version of the Senna or did you have to do a little 'extrapolation' from the Specs they gave you on a different model? I'd love to know. Thanks for your efforts. By the way, please ignore any criticism of the pricing. It's most fair particularly for the two pack. Again, thanks.

Levelup1 likes this.
  11. Paolo Pennimpede

Paolo Pennimpede Registered

No DRS on the McLaren?

12. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

It seems to me that the only thing they pay attention to is their bank account.

Marisa likes this.
  13. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

The GTE I get. It adds to the other GTE grid.
    That other thing is so pointless! Faster and more grip than a LMP2 is crap.
    Be better if they added another LMP2 model.

VirusGR42 likes this.
  14. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

You do realize that's a hypercar, right? The class that'll replace the LMP1 class in WEC. How is that pointless?

Emery and StrawmanAndy like this.
  15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You mean the Ligier? And be 2 to 4 seconds slower per lap? (unless using Asian Le Mans or Euro Le Mans rules)
    The reason for the Mclaren is to fill the void they have when they chose not to release any of the current Hybrid LMP1 cars.
    So now you have a car that car run rings around the Oreca 07. We are hoping....that other possible releases of cars will fit in the ACO's Hypercar category. Joining the Senna GTR could be other possible Hypercars like the Aston Valkyrie, the Mercedes Project One. or the SCG 007 Glickenhaus. I had hoped they would release their usual 5 car pak and it might have a mix of GTE and Hypercars. But, we'll have to wait I guess.

Filip likes this.
  16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

ahh but a 1 cylinder 500ps would be a slow revving rumbler. The V12 (unlike most the V8's in rF2) would convert it's smaller piston mass into faster revving, faster rpm climbs etc. (add the scream many V12's make and it's like a new experience for many rF2 users.)

17. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

What an angry man :eek:

18. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

I was astonished when I saw what speed the car is able to reach through the Porsche curves. Hard to believe...and the car doesn't match to the rest of the endu cars as they are at the moment. IRL the LMP2 are faster than what the Hypercars in future should be able...obvious not here, thus the Senna is more a fantasy one...

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

if the ACO considered the Hypercar class to be the new top tier, then one would assume the Hypercar 'should' outclass the Oreca.

20. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

Interesting to see the negativity today over a release...but kind of hard not to agree with some of the sentiments.
    I asked the question regarding fragmentation due to their content system in the big interview on Race Department and more or less got the answer that there would be no change. At that stage the AM GT3 was out and I could see from a mile away that the GTE would follow creating yet another pack that would be needed to race a car I already own, because this new GTE would be added to the servers. This is exactly why you will never see rF2 truly challenge for online racing outside of a league system. And until the only things you need to access a public server/competition is the car you drive and the track, then sadly it will stay the same.
    So Marcel considering the time it is taking for the Competition/UI system to be released, I hope you are listening to some of the criticism and looking hard at whether this type of thing can be implemented also. Otherwise, if/when you get a licence for Ferrari or another GT3/GTE variant, you will have the same arguments every time.