DD1 Fanatec. Can't setup in Rfactor 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neil Collis, Aug 4, 2019.

1. TJones

TJones Registered

Hi, a bit late here sorry, have a lot of work these days.
    So i switched from a Thrustmaster T500rs wheel. Biggest differences or improvements from the T500 are, at very first of course the enormous power, if i try to replicate the T500 here i have to set force at about 35% on the DD1. I usually set it to 59% on the wheel/base and about 0.67 for GTR cars with 320mm wheel, about 0.74 for Tatuus F3 with 270mm formula wheel. Both gives me stronger forces than the predecessor. With light cars, with narrow tyres however, i get surprisingly low forces then. The reason behind might be, that with load up of DD1 controller preset for rF2, the value "Steering torque capability" is set to 20Nm. So to get realistic forces i had to set my FF to 100%. :D

Second important improvement is IMO the abillity to adjust all FF values (damping, friction and whatever) on the fly, using buttons/switches on your wheel. You can also change the wheel without reboot the sim or track.
    Qality is also better, not to say Thrustmaster wheel was bad, not at all. But this Fanatec stuff just a good step above. Should be of course in view of pricing.

Issues i had: A fan in the wheelbase running at max speed, right from the start. Switching the base off and back on solved that. Thats all.
    What i dont like: The Formula Clubsport wheel is with 270mm diameter pretty small IMO.

Overall im quite happy so far.

JimmyT likes this.
  2. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

@TJones Thanks for the overview, it's appreciated. I'm stiff in the contemplation stage at the moment. :)

3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

o_O
    I'm think proofreading should be contemplated.
    It's not that hard a thing to do! :D

JimmyT likes this.
  4. Supa

Supa Registered

ing hehe

5. Supa

Supa Registered

Got your wheel eh. Welcome to the DD club.

6. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Did as you suggested.
    Laughing so hard the tears are rolling. Haven't contemplated for years, will have to limber up first so I don't strain something.:D:D Those letters aren't even close together. :confused:

TOCA2FREAK and ADSTA like this.