Latest Roadmap Update - July 2019

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 31, 2019.

1. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Having seen a Senna up close and talked to the owner at COTA, that's an interesting car but still not sure many people will buy it. We asked the guy if he'd done a track day with it, he said no, he'd only had the car about 6 weeks and only used it on the road. But the tires were completely bald... :eek::p:D

I know they will be all focussed on doing Nürburgring, and I know we unexpectedly got Le Mans ahead of it and both are massive projects... but in the next Roadmap, we could do with some ideas about which tracks are next. They've got some difficult decisions to make here. Obvious place to focus is endurance racing, but then they've got to get tracks licensed and scanned. In the US, they got Sebring which presumably means they could get Road Atlanta (Petit LeMans) and I think ISC own those now, so maybe Daytona is a possibility, but if they're going to do that we have to have a DPi. The other path is ELMS, and now your problem becomes getting Spa/Monza and Paul Ricard/Barcelona. Suspect they'll announce a version of Spa at SimExpo, its the next logical track. Maybe they will try to get Assen? Or others in Belgium or other parts of northern Europe?

But this is still all content. Frankly, not as interested in that as I am the Competition infrastructure. Hopefully now they've got some other competitions lined up, they'll have to release that plus the UI. But, the piece on rf24 was insightful, and just shows, if they want to run high-visibility "professional" events, they've got a lot to do to fix things. My next suggestion: do it as a test race. ISI did this to nail down some multiplayer issues once upon a time. Next one, probably they should do it for a wet race and include AI in it. That'll produce another long list of things that need fixing...

2. vittorio

vittorio Registered

The logical next step would be SPA and it seems S397 already found the issues happend at 24h LeMans

3. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Spa is the missing link for rF2

4. williang83

williang83 Registered

What i'm failing to understand is why 397 is waiting to at least beta release the UI and competition to avoid discovering bugs during a rf24 event. The reason to release beta is to actually increase bugs discovery chances and data collection. Instead we have this never ending ui+competition development in times that usually a whole entire game is made.

Florian Boswell and Steve Olden like this.
  5. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I think it's purely a resource issue, they aren't a huge team, and they have had to prioritise these stability fixes. No point in having a UI and competition system if the product isn't stable enough to run an enduro. I think it's a pretty simple decision making process, if you have a limited team size.

M D Gourley likes this.
  6. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Sebring and Road Atlanta are owned by NASCAR through IMSA Holdings. Daytona and other ISC tracks are now owned by NASCAR as well. So there is a possibility to get any of those tracks if NASCAR doesn't have an exclusive license with iRacing or someone else. Same with other endurance and Grand Prix tracks as long as there is not an exclusive license out there.

It would be nice to get more laser scanned tracks used in WEC, IMSA, IndyCar and F1, especially tracks like:
    • Daytona RC
    • Road Atlanta
    • Road America
    • Mid-Ohio
    • Long Beach
    • Laguna Seca
    • Watkins Glen
    • Mosport
    • Spa-Francorchamps
    • Monza
    • Hockenheimring
    • Shanghai
    • Fuji
    • Suzuka
    • Barcelona
    • Estoril
    • Donington Park
    • Hungaroring
    • Red Bull Ring
    • Istanbul
    • Bahrain
    • Monaco GP
    • Montreal
    • Magny-Cours
    • COTA
    • Montreal
    Laser scanned upgrades to Silverstone and Interlagos would be nice too along with the older classic layouts from Silverstone and even Interlagos (which of course wouldn't be laser scanned).

As far as a DPi, the Oreca LMP2 car in the Endurance Pack is the same spec.

7. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

"Another, slightly unrelated, issue we looked into was loading times. The good news here is we’ve found some improvements and our upcoming release will roughly halve those loading times. We’ve seen numbers being reported by testers indicating a 40-50% improvement".

Sounds pretty damn sweet. Should make a lot of people happy (including me). :)

8. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Registered

This is great news guy.
    First thought was “really wish that nordschliefe will be released along side the Senna” but i’d rather have the known bugs squashed first. I love RF2 but tbh don’t spend enough time on it as i’d like and i’d guess that’s because of some nasty bugs and the outdated UI” it seems like slowly but surely it’s getting there. Nordschliefe is a heavy beast so not wishing to get it unless things are stable first.
    As for the last thing that should be dealt with at hopefully some point (as enhancement?) is the steam store where it’s not possible to know what you’ve bought and/or what you’re missing. Also it would be nice when buying a pack which includes a car or track that was bought that the pack should not be at full price. Anyways, keep up the good work. we really appreciate the long hours you all guys put in.

9. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Just had a odd thought ...

Ams2 could be out before the ui.?

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

11. ede78

ede78 Registered

It would be nice to get more laser scanned tracks used in IndyCar especially tracks like:
    • Road Atlanta
    • Road America
    • Mid-Ohio
    • Long Beach
    • Laguna Seca
    • Watkins Glen
    • Detroit Belle Isle
    • Surfers Paradise
    • St. Petersburg
    • Toronto
    • Vancouver
    • Brands Hatch
    • Portland
    • Cleveland
    • Edmonton
    • Phoenix Street Circuit
    And it would be nice to get indycar mods from 93, 94, 95, 96 or 97.

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Actually, I think we will see 'some' of those, Portland for example has been in the works for some time. BUT....I doubt if very many, if any, would be laser scanned. S397 has stated they will release some tracks like Zandvoort, nice enough but built without laser scanning while premium offered tracks will be the ones that get the Laser treatment. Maybe the endurance tracks Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca. But the rest? Kinda outside the focus of S397 these days.(and we do have a very excellent Watkins already)

13. Corgan

Corgan Registered

And we have an excellent Road Atlanta, as well. And New Jersey Lightning, though it's not an Indy track, but still...

14. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Quoted from RD interview with Marcel: "it’s probably fair to say that all current-day tracks that we can scan, and sell as DLC, will be laser scanned"

So I guess it depends on what they feel will sell well enough to justify it.

15. Corgan

Corgan Registered

What do you mean "off"?

16. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Many mod tracks are off.
    Had to delete road America the other day due to a invisible bump on outside of t2. The tatuus cars love that lol

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well, there's off meaning inaccurate, and there's off meaning technical issues like unwelded verts causing collision issues.

18. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

There is no auto check available for track Developer to detect those issues???

19. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Well, I didn't know that, as I don't really know the real life track. But I think it's a good quality track, and I like driving on it. But if it really has so many inaccuracies, then, yes, it'd be great if someone would make a proper version.

20. Filip

Filip Registered

If someone makes proper version maybe it wouldn't be good quality track and you might not like it.