Lost Connection

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Magus, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Magus

Magus Registered

I have been having this issue for a few month now (since wanting to try the Tatuus online) but every time I try to join an online session, I can choose the car, load the track but as soon as I get into the lobby it states 'Lost Connection' and throws me out.

Things I have tried so far;
    - delete multiplayer.json file and let it rebuild
    - delete player.json file and let it rebuild
    - delete controller.json file & let it rebuild
    - delete CustomPluginVariable.json and let it rebuild
    - verify integrity of files via steam
    - switch off norton firewall
    - tried various upload/download speed option
    - repaired the MS Visual C++ Redistributables from the Support folder

I haven't played rf2 online for a while, and last time was probably last sent of competitions S397 ran. Router hasn't changed but my PC has as I built a new one but have played a few games online without issues.

Any Advice.

Also on a side note, why does it state that i have insufficient privileges to post on the 'Support Questions' section of the forum?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

People "post" in there via the Contact Support button in the launcher. It obviously doesn't give them any more technical support than they'd get in here, but it means that people not already on this forum can have their question answered in here.

Magus likes this.
  3. Magus

Magus Registered

I don't know if this is useful information to anyone having this issue or even S397...

After various checks and tests the issue seems to have arisen in rF2 (so far the only game that I know of that has not worked online), the reason for the lost connection from the lobby was as a result of my PC being wired to my router through the motherboards 5G LAN port & not just the standard LAN port.

Lazza likes this.
  4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I'm a bit confused as to what you mean by "the motherboards 5G LAN port".
    I've never heard of a PC motherboard have a 5G LAN port.
    Then again there are lots of things I've never heard of.
    So I went so far as downloading the asus x79 rampage iv extreme's manual as that is what you have in your system specs and that you use a wired connection to your modem.
    The manual states it has 1 standard ethernet lan port and a bluetooth module. Nothing written about 5G.
    I'm sorry I'm not offering help but only questions.

5. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

5G Lan port - a WLAN-cable Hybrid!

I would first deinstall the Norton stuff to keep it as simple as possible. You dont need that anyway, Norton and the other "security" suites are known to mess stuff up. Windows Defender and own firewall is ok meanwhile.

6. Magus

Magus Registered

I've updated my system to an i9 so have an Asus Maximus XI Formula now & it has a 5G LAN port.

7. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

8. Magus

Magus Registered

Thanks Akela but I think you missed my post where I stated that issue was fixed by using the normal LAN port over the 5G one. I just updated the post to state what the fix was in my instance.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Magus You've probably already done more searching on this than I will, but if you haven't already try the latest drivers for the AQC111C from Aquantia. There's a driver download which mentions spontaneous disconnects in the changelog (from Dec 2018), and more updates since. There's also a firmware update but no changelog in the file for that one.

*(and yeah, obviously I'm talking about if you want to use the 5G port, rather than the normal one :))

Magus likes this.
  10. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Thank you for proving me correct. I now have seen a mobo with a 5G lan port. ;)
    I learnt something new but it's a shame it didn't help you.
    I think we can both agree on one thing, ASUS made the correct decision with providing a standard lan port as well.

Magus likes this.