whats this? ive almost given up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LokiD, Aug 10, 2019.

1. LokiD

LokiD Registered

2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

sorry this sim needs some love and fast... for me its just gathering dust whilst the new cars are nice to drive! for me offline is almost dead for me and as much as the ffb and physics are nice - it only goes so far.

This title needs an update and fast and im not talking 4 bullet points in a changelog... this needs a fuking mega update. This sim is getting harder and harder to defend against being the top sim.. pretty much years later......Im getting older and rf2 still feels like some uni grads project..please get this sim in order.! before it truly dies out in front of the few die hard fans you have here.. and that includes me!!!

Sorry to say this but my patience is really getting thin :( and then theres the UI?!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

We're all getting older, and we're all waiting. But we can come back to it, so if you're that impatient just go play something else. When rF2 does what you want you can come back, and obviously you can keep an eye on it in the meantime. If it never does what you want, don't come back. Easy.

bwana, Remco Majoor, Leynad and 3 others like this.
  4. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

The trouble is Lazza, many are doing just that.
    Many mod teams left earlier and players are moving on to newer and more polished sims all the time.

DustySticks, VirusGR42 and LokiD like this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, but it's not a one-way move. If rF2 had an update in a week that put it back at the top, those same people would soon move back. The only thing that will stop that happening is if rF2 actually stopped being developed - and despite the doom and gloom, that hasn't happened yet.

bwana and LokiD like this.
  6. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Despite i agree that things are taking too long (and i understand WHY they're taking too long), i don't understand what people have been "playing" meanwhile that is more worth (despite the bugs) than rF2. Even in its current state it dusts ALL the potential competitors when it comes to the driving!

A substitute to rF2? Sorry but it doesn't exist... yet!

7. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Well the only thing i care in sim is how realistic the car feels thats it,don't care about any kind of racing at all (SP or MP ) what i do mind is lack of official cars but since we getting senna which made me hyped already but i'm pretty sure it doesn't end with just senna.
    If they add hybrid race cars with all necessary features which IRL car offer plus a V12 mid engine race car i'm pretty much done.

Korva7 and LokiD like this.
  8. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I said that with love and a Bit beer Injected last nite, but they say it brings the truth out.

Yes I'm sure I'll come back to rf2 I always have, but atm with broken ai, one or two stand out tracks and issues galore it's hard to come Back to, from more polished sims like acc raceroom and even ams.

Yes rf2 may have the best driving feel but as I said that only goes so far.. And then rf2 becomes some sort of car testing sim.

williang83 likes this.
  9. williang83

williang83 Registered

Unfortunately that's exactly my feedback about rF2 after so many years. I own it since day one but DX11 and improved tire physics from broken ISI implementation aside, i see no any other major improvement. Let's be honest DX11 was more a forced improvement to even stay alive in today market.

Everything racing related, either MP or SP, is lacking. Sure they are working on improving things but, as developer myself, it is already taking ages to accomplish what should have took a quarter of the time. The gamer inside me already know that usually products that takes years in development usually fails to delivery what they promised and the developer inside me understands the reason.

This is sad because i had full experience in old days with Geoff Crammond products, sure the physics wasn't on par to today options but i look forward to overall experience, specially SP wise. I simply hope that either AM2 or iR coming features will leave this unfulfilled experience behind (more AMS2 than iR). It would be even better if rF2 reach a turning point but i would not hold my breath after a +2 year development for a UI...the market is full of similar cases that did not ended well.

Once a package that fully satisfy my interest hit the market, i bet AMS2 will, it will take more than an ui+competition update to bring me back. It will required a complete SP experience overhaul.

After so many years we are still playing on a extremely bad implemented design of rF1 that simply KILLS any SP experience.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    LokiD likes this.
  10. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Don't worry, be happy.... don't.... worry.... worry.... (starts to worry)

LokiD likes this.
  11. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I feel sorry for you if u only play rf2 there's many more complete polished sims out there. It's all about what standards you can except, if rf2 is at a quality you accept then that's a shame.

For me we have accepted a subpar performance of rf2 a sim we all know can be better. It's taking time and other sims are surpassing rf2 whether u like it or not.

The rf2 argument of still being the best is a weak argument in the sim world, one that s397 hopefully can rectify sooner than later.

Ams 2 could be the nail In the coffin

12. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I recently bought AMS 1 because of AMS 2 hype and that v12 F1 but unfortunately it's physics feels little bit better than AC.The only reason why people like AMS is sound and better finish on their cars and ofcourse sp mode but it is a step down for me compared to RF2.
    I hope they improve in AMS 2 their aero model,tyre model,suspension physics overall vehicle dynamics then only it will be RF2 killer otherwise.

bwana likes this.
  13. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Well, first of all it's my opinion, i have the right to have one right?

Like i said, rF2 still have bugs, but i usually have no problems, except one stutter here or there...

When you mean "polished" you mean graphics? Sorry but i have no patience for "graphics" people, if it's more important for you the graphics instead of the driving i'm the one who feel sorry for you!

And honestly i don't see the problem in rF2 graphics, they're pretty good to me, the old argument that "it's awful" doesn't fit anymore for people that race on it constantly or followed its development in recent months...

In relation to AMS2, yeah you deposit great hopes on it, because it has great graphics (predictable), i'm more on the hesitating side, because i have SERIOUS doubts about Madness engine...

So IMO, DRIVING FEEL related, there's no competitor to rF2... yet! ;)

14. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Absolutly!

Narrowbackwing and Rui Santos like this.
  15. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I don't mean gfx only at all. Otherwise I would dismiss raceroom and ams

I mean a title as a whole. Full sp modes and offline season full working ai etc working weather etc etc etc and nice visuals obviously.

And yes your entitled to an opinion of course

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    VirusGR42 likes this.
  16. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I don't know if it's true or not but if sims focuses on graphics side of things it has to make compromise is physics i know it sounds weird or illogical but here me out.
    Since graphics are upgraded then you need to have higher demand on PC specifications but if you keep high graphics and complex physics in same game then the minimum specifications will have to start with an i7 and top end GPU to keep up with both graphics and physics at same time but it will be illogical to ask such minimum specifications from consumers hence they either degraded graphics or degrades physics(which generally happens in higher graphics sims/games).
    One example would be High level simulator don't even have car graphically loaded in them just hood view.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

18. Corgan

Corgan Registered

People always talk about patience, and to let s397 take their time etc. blablabla. Yes, it is a great sim, everyone knows that, but why is it a problem for some people when others want progress and faster and constant updates? Nothing really happened with the game in the past 2 years. Content - yes, that happened. Progress - not so much. Empty promises - a lot of. In that big RD interview Marcel of course promises again the moon and the stars, but what we see is still the big flat blue sky. And somehow I think it will be this way for a long, long time. But maybe he is just always too optimistic. For example:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/seriously-how-long-now-please.63279/#post-988770
    But this is my all time favorite:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....y-in-wet-races-other-rain-issues.53834/page-6
    O.K., I don't want to be an a-hole, but still, these are those things why I increasingly loose my faith.

19. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

You have to see the positive things.

We have a Lascer Scaned vers. of Sebring, Monaco, LeMans and maybe at the end of the month the NoS too. In top Quality.

A massive and hughe echo in the SimWorld.

The Tatuus are awesome too!
    All that people see that!

We got a super Super Touring Mod. Magione is finally in a descent quality here!
    I believe RF2 is blooming !

And when the UI is done, everything will go very fast. Then S397 has an infrastructure according to your wishes .

David O'Reilly likes this.
  20. williang83

williang83 Registered

Contents are definitely not the worst rf2 issues. Missing/unfinished core features are the main problem!!!

LokiD, xxxxVMANxxxx and Rui Santos like this.