CS-closed World Fastest Gamer 2

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Aug 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comante

Comante Registered

I'm surprised there was not already someone whining because he would be forced to buy the content, the game, just to join a competition,... just to discover that he probably can't win wth a joypad driving from a drone camera. :confused:

bwana and neuer31 like this.
  2. tagada83

tagada83 Registered

@Jimmi Allison
    I do not care whether to win or not, to be fast or not, what matters to me is to have fun. The reason why is made rFactor 2 it seems to me. But hey, I did not want to create any controversy. The mentality embarrassed me, I said it, that's all. Have fun between you ;).

3. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Then you're in the wrong competition bud :p. This is serious stuff, not a just for fun event.

Ho3n3r and slatanek like this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I can understand the question as confirmation of the in-game message, but the ensuing debate and condescending posts aren't constructive.

For what it's worth I'm on the other side of the fence (despite personally always using the standard cockpit view) but I'm not going to argue about it here because "house rules".

5. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Needing an internet connection may be obvious, static rubber was not. Giving more information is usually better. You'll probably disagree and say they won't read it anyway, to which I'd agree. ;)

6. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Is debate or discussion every civilized or constructive these days?

Regardless, I would be interested to read your view on view.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

one thing I've noticed Jimmi, in videos posted by Danny Ricardo and Verstappen, they both use a single monitor. A LARGE single monitor, but no VR, no triple screens. Just thought it odd.

8. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

I think the camera depends on the layout of the equipment of each. As in the attached image, the cockpit view in this layout, mostly on a GT car would look awkward.

The drone camera should certainly not be used, as no layout would justify this.

I run on Rift, so I always use the cockpit camera.

Attached Files:

davehenrie likes this.
  9. I have not seen those guys, but that might be true. I use a 27" and thats fine with me. Dont get me wrong i used the roof cam (aka Mr. Bean) back on PS1 but switched to cockpit as soon as i was racing on PC, this is something we will never agree on. Someone likes roof cam, someone likes hood cam, someone like swingman - but i bet most users use cockpit cam :)
    Good thing is that we are not all the same ;)

Ho3n3r likes this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I just ran my embarrassing time and really only had a little bit more in a lap. But I would like to point out something that may be improved in future versions of competitions:
    One of the signup requirements was having a valid passport. I don't have a passport, I don't plan on getting a passport. So I had to lie to the computer to get the sign-up completed. (I've admitted it..you can send the internet police to Post Falls Idaho. I'll wait.)
    I understand the NEED for a passport for the possible winners, they will have to travel to Germany and frankly all over the world. Ensuring the possession of a valid Passport is crucial to the completion of the WFG competition. But for dolt's like me, who have neither the talent nor the time to Gypsy all over, could we not make this part of the sign-up optional?
    Have a legal disclaimer stating that NOT checking the passport box will still allow you to set a time, but will not allow you to win the competition nor participate in associated events. You will still be able to enter other up-coming events without injury but you sacrifice the ultimate prize(s) for WFG2.

Comante, Emery and slatanek like this.
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Show-off!!!! :)

12. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

You checking off that box is that legal disclaimer. By checking the box you're stating that you understand that a passport is necessary to partake in this competition. So then if you were to make the top 20 and S397 were to disqualify your entry, you would have no legal ground to argue that since you did "lie".

TK

slatanek likes this.
  13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I understand that. I was hoping to open an avenue where average joe's can enter without the need of a passport. Knowing full well that any winning is out of the question.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You could just decline the offer to partake in the online race if you qualify in the top 20. They usually keep the next 5-10 drivers 'on hold' while they confirm the top 20 are available and willing.

Note that only the winner of the rF2 race will go any further (and require a passport). 8 drivers for that phase are already selected, there's 1 more each from rF2 and Gear.Club.

15. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Could you elaborate on the "$10,000 prize pool".
    What will the prize split be?

16. Not right now, its a prizepool that will be split. Im sure that will be announced when we are heading into the race.

Risto Kappet likes this.
  17. Nikodem Wisniewski

Nikodem Wisniewski Registered

And what hour is the final race? I think is not so hard to show us the schedule :)

Risto Kappet likes this.
  18. We do not have the schedule, so yes thats kinda hard.

19. JACKSON DOUGLAS

JACKSON DOUGLAS Registered

Tenho o carro ea pista, mas, sou informado que não tenho o conteúdo. O que fazer?

20. The competition requires you to be able to speak and understand english, may i suggest you also do that here. I dont understand your language which appears to be spanish or close to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.