TS-PC load nothing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Transyt, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Transyt

Transyt Registered

Well, I just upgraded my wheel to TS-PC from G27, and strange is that RF2 can detect my wheel and load it, but it actually do nothing. Every input is blank, and the wheel range is only 400 deg. I've tried delete controller folder in "SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData", and have done integrity check to redownload a brand new controller folder. But it didn't work. So what can I do to make it right?
    upload_2019-8-5_22-40-44.png

2. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

you have to assign the inputs.
    ie click on throttle, then press the throttle pedal.

LokiD likes this.
  3. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Yep. Another thing that always been buggy in rf2. Have to manually input axis. Doh

4. Transyt

Transyt Registered

Then what about 400 deg rotation? I can go with manual input, but I can't stand only 400 deg rotation. Even for GT3s, they have 540 deg rotation if I remember correctly.

5. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

i don't know much about Thrustmaster wheels, but maybe you have 400deg set in the wheels drivers/software somewhere?

once you assign the steering left and right, have you noticed the steering box (at the bottom) filling up when you turn? turn the wheel as much in one direction as you want to go and press "max" - then repeat for the other way

6. Transyt

Transyt Registered

No, it’s perfectly 1080 Deg in ACC. And it reset it to 400 in profile after running RF2. I can turn it back to 1080 deg in profile, but it still shows 400 in RF2. Any workaround solution here?

7. Bernd

Bernd Registered

If you uncheck 'vehicle set', do you still get 400° or can you adjust the angle then?

8. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

You don't always have to assign them manually, but we can't know what JOY# your wheel is on for sure. We assume JOY1 but that's not always the case.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Try disabling vehicle set as mentioned above, or follow the steps here (read the notes regarding files) to stop rF2 setting the wheel's rotation through the drivers, which sounds like your issue:

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....wheel-rotation-not-working.61750/#post-968519

(You should then be fine to enable vehicle set, as it will adjust properly for each car)

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

TS-PC works fine for me. in WINDOWS, the thrustmaster control panel, click on the advanced button and make sure the wheel is the preferred device. Next go to the settings and choose 900º. Always verify in windows BEFORE trying any controller in-game.

Once you are in the sim, when your GT3 car is chosen WITH the vehicle set option checked, it should automatically drop down to 540.(if that is the correct setting.)
    Also in the game, DO NOT PRESS the min or max buttons until you press all the pedals and see the graph fill in. To get your max setting for the throttle, press and HOLD the throttle all the way down. keep holding the pedal and now click the max. release, watch the graph go back to zero and then press the MIN button. repeat for pedals, and wheel,

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  11. Transyt

Transyt Registered

It doesn't work. Maybe I should delete user data, and redownload it.

12. Transyt

Transyt Registered

I can set different angle, but in the game, the actual rotation does not accord with virtual wheel.

13. Transyt

Transyt Registered

Did you load profile and all keys were automatically set?

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I really don't recall, but I always go through a controller screen and double check I have the wheel & pedals assigned and any other keys I may need right away.(like pit-lane speed limiter, headlights gears, neutral etc.)
    Once I have the basics working, and tested on track, I can go back again to the controller screens and start assigning various items like traction control, ABS brakes, turbo settings etc etc etc. There is quite a number of options and it is best to manually verify the one's you want are assigned.
    Oh, I also checked the steering degrees, with my wheel set in the Thrustmaster panel at 900° and with the vehicle set option box checked, The sim assigned a value of 518° for the Aston Martin wheel.

15. Transyt

Transyt Registered

Well, what I meant was if detecting your wheel automatically set your wheel. For me, I'm stucking at the wheel rotation. It always shows 400 with a long serial of random number when vehicle set enabled. And if I disable vehicle set, the actual rotation deg does not match ingame virtual wheel. What Lazza suggested doesn't work for me. Man, this is driving me crazy.

16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

THE key to remember is 900 in windows 1st. then the vehicle set should work in game. If you have it at a higher number, I don't know if the calculations work.

17. Transyt

Transyt Registered

Dear merciful Administrator, I really need your help! Please! I have no other controller except for TS-PC, so TS-PC is the preferred device. Drive and firmware is the latest. Game can detect my wheel, but load nothing. I have to mannually assign keys, but assign rotation is a mess. I have tried what Lazza suggested, but didn't work. By defalut, it shows 400 with a long serial of random number. And after I edited contoller.json, it becomes 432 with a long serial of random number. Main problem is that the actual rotation deg does not match ingame virtual wheel, no matter check or uncheck vehicle set.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Transyt

1. What is your wheel rotation set to? The wheel itself, in windows, configured via its control panel or similar.
    2. Don't worry about the long random number in the game. It actually doesn't matter.
    3. What car have you selected in the game? When you select Vehicle Set the current wheel rotation will match whatever the currently selected car uses. So if you've selected a car with 400 deg of wheel rotation, it will say 400.
    4. If you're following the post I linked, it's very important that you edit the correct file. If you've loaded/saved profiles, or even detected, this can change. To check you're editing the right one:
    • Open up the .JSON file you're editing.
    • Find "Steering torque minimum".
    • Change the value to 0.20 (so the line is this: "Steering torque minimum":0.20, )
    • Start up the game and check that the FFB Minimum Torque says 20.0%.
    • If not, try another file, and do the same again, until you find the right one.
    5. Make sure when you're following my instructions, you enter the correct wheel rotation (from question 1 in this post) when doing Step 3.
    6. Make sure you do all the changes listed, and make sure you're editing the right lines. If you want you can post those lines from your file in here, if you press the + button above you can 'insert code' which will keep the spacing easy to read and make it easy to scroll through.

If you can answer 1, 3, and can paste in the lines from your .JSON file (having made sure it's the right file), we can probably help more.

Bernd likes this.
  19. Transyt

Transyt Registered

OK, I finally got it. Although I don't know why I didn't mak it. I still think what I did was nothing wrong, but somehow it's working now. Thank you very much!

davehenrie and Lazza like this.