A little Eye Candy & a bit more realism

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by JRS, Aug 3, 2019.

1. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

In relation to what? Just to put that into perspective for the general racing game market: Codemasters has over 400 employes. Now imagine working on a more sophisticated technical product with ten percent of that and you get a comletely different understanding what it actually means.When we are looking at more sim market orientated games like PC2, S397 doesn't look like a huge dev team at all. SMS operates with more than 175 people. I think Kunos is also at around 30, iRacing at over 50. The teams that are smaller are S3 and Reiza. Next to that you never know how much work is outsourced nowadays. Anyway, I wouldn't call S397 a big team with the scope and complexity of the product.

2. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

all the other dev teams are either writing software from scratch the way they want or updating code they wrote to make a new game. S397 is trying to untangle/update code written by others a long time ago when expansion of the sim wasn't envisaged and the code (from what we've heard) wasn't written in the best way to make it easily updateable.

3. datasting

datasting Registered

I wish this one for Rf2

Spyro, Claude H., coltair and 3 others like this.