CS-closed World Fastest Gamer 2

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Aug 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Two years ago rFactor 2 was used in the inauguraul World’s Fastest Gamer competiiton, with rFactor 2 champion, Rudy van Buren becoming overal winner!

Now with an incredible prize on offer, here’s your chance again!

Registration is now open, dive into the rFactor 2 World’s Fastest Gamer qualifier and set a time to get into the top 20. If you make it, you will taking part in an intense race with a $10,000 prize pool – the winner then joins the 8 finalists for the live shows!

Read more here

chisco85 and Risto Kappet like this.
  2. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Few questions regarding the track limits:

1) If only "unrealistic cutting" is invalidated, then we can basically drive safely to the sim software limits? Meaning we can cross the white line in last corner exit on the hot lap, while we can not do it on the out lap?
    2) What are the options for the drivers if they get a laptime in the system which is illegal?
    Will you manually invalidate the lap and find the next fastest valid lap or do we have to manually choose or delete our laps?
    If the latter, then how and who should we contact?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Launger Most of your questions are answered on the page (down the bottom).

4. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Thats embarassing :D Thanks, edited out the questions that are covered there.

5. Yuri Kasdorp

Yuri Kasdorp Registered

Please delete my laps

6. Jernej Simoncic

Jernej Simoncic Registered

I too request to have all my laptimes till now deleted (Jernej Simoncic), as Jimmi advised. Can we keep asking for laptime deletion in the upcoming days? In this topic?

7. Done
    Done
    1. We are updating the rules on the website, since there is a few misunderstandings.
    2. Post it in this thread if you need too.

8. Does this answer your question: https://www.studio-397.com/worlds-fastest-gamer-2/

Risto Kappet likes this.
  9. arneschoonvliet

arneschoonvliet Registered

You can delete my lap, I wasn't aware of the cut on the exit of last corner for outlap. Thanks!

10. Done

11. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

12. starscream

starscream Registered

Hi everyone, I would like to change my nickname to rfactor2.studio-397.com/competition
    how can I do?

13. Cyril Cherry

Cyril Cherry Registered

Hi, I have a question. Grip is static or évolutive plz?

14. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

That's a good question and one that I was going to ask as well - is real road static?

I would think so, otherwise the lap times will continue to get quicker and everyone will have to continue setting laps.

Another question - where can we see the leaderboard?

15. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Bill Worrel likes this.
  16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Gee, I always thought of myself as a devious type. But seeing just how many folks naturally abuse the outlaps to improve the ?in laps? :)
    I must be a Boy Scout.

17. Nickname? you cant change a nick name since you should be using your normal legal name there. If you dont there is no reason to sign up for a competition where the ultimate prize is a real life racing deal.
    Static
    If anyone abuses the final turn, then dont worry - they wont make it and laps will be DQ´ed. Wonder why they dont read the rules before joining.

18. Cyril Cherry

Cyril Cherry Registered

Thanks for the answer Jimmi

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Compromising overall laptime on the out-lap, on the last corner, is a common technique to maximise speed down the main straight and give yourself a better start to your timed lap (not in-lap). The issue here is that the track is only marked by a painted line, so once you start turning the corner into a V to improve your exit you can potentially find yourself crossing the line. Most tracks have grass etc outside the track so it's not even an option.

I hope these questions and issues help everyone in future, by inspiring features for server admins to enable some automatic laptime exclusions for specific (track defined) cutting zones and areas of potential exploitation (like this one).

20. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Edit: ignore my post, found it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.