British Super Touring Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by memoNo1, Aug 2, 2019.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Good evening to everyone.

I just discovered this super interesting mod!
    Only the creator of this Old School Touring Car Mod deserves credit!

The greater the enthusiasm, the greater the chance of more vehicles of this epic time.

All credit alone goes to this man.

willyC :cool:

http://www.internationalsimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=4926.0

2. willyC

willyC Registered

Many thanks. I'm humbled! :)

Although it did take alot of effort to bring to RF2, kudos must also go to the countless others that have worked on the orginal mods.

Of course, I only really started the project in the first place because I wanted to race these cars on what I consider the best driving sim that money can buy (especially in VR): Big thanks to Marcel and the Studio 397 gang for transforming it from basket case to masterpiece! Keep it going!

3. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Thanks for this mod.
    I hope that it is not a problem for you that I have linked your mod. My hope is that the response is so great that you make all vehicles this mod accessible.

Is is just awesome to experience these vehicles!
    Can I have some more, please.

philmcqueen likes this.
  4. Magus

Magus Registered

Planning to spend my Saturday night trying these out. Thank you WillyC for bringing it to my favourite sim too.

I've really been hoping someone would bring the old BTCC into rF2 so I was most pleased when I saw this mod posted on SRfL FB page. I hope it is the start of something beautiful :)

5. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Great mod, thanks for this :)

Noticed a few things in VR:
    - all three real mirrors of the Vectra are black with some red vertikal stripes
    - in Volvo and Renault if you "look over your shoulder" the complete back of the car is missing

6. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Only drove the Opel and got some strange sudden loss (after short snap) of force feedback midturn - after that turning the wheel left and right without any strenght. (sorry English not mothertounge)

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Many of the rF2 cars are built this way, I think it was an attempt to improve fps.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  8. Magus

Magus Registered

Not sure if what you are describing is the effects of torque steering (or steering-torque) sometimes exaggerated in rF2 in its FWD cars (?) IF So, there have been quite a few posts on this when the Civic was released by ISI.

On side not I took the Volvo out on Croft last night. Had a great race before crashing out in the 12th lap. Unfortunately didn't set the mirrors to a (helpful) position in VR, and not sure if it is possible?

9. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

I know. The parts you dont see from the cockpit are not rendered. Here it is a bit strange when half of the car is missing when you look out of the right window ;)

10. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

@willyC Great mod mate had a fantastic run in them at @senormen Donington last night.

Couple of things I noticed when running the 98 season cars, one of which has been mentioned.
    1. The mirrors in the Vectra are blank and also don't allow you to select the virtual mirrors.
    2. Interior dash textures in the Laguna are more dated than the other two cars, seems to be a fair bit lower res.
    3. Laguna FFB feels like there is a high centre spring value set, not torque steer but rather just constant centering, I didn't notice this on the other cars (might be I simply spent more time in this car).
    Other than that mate great starting point, I had heaps of fun and hope that you continue building on this.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    philmcqueen and Magus like this.
  11. philrob

philrob Registered

Lovely job on this, strange the brakes are considered harsh on the Volvo as they all appear to use the same physics.
    I am having great fun chasing the leaders, same physics they may have but the AI is pretty quick.
    Reminds me so much of the TCL mod, which i also enjoy.

12. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

This may have been my pedals mate I jumped into the Fanatec driver software and found they were jumping all over the place, so I've sprayed them with electrical contact cleaner and they are perfect again, I'll remove my comment and test the mod again.

pkelly likes this.
  13. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

14. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

memoNo1 likes this.
  15. bears

bears Registered

This mod is so much fun great work Willy C I would certainly vote for more cars :) bmw and or audi were big in this category in Australia

Maybe I am missing them but are there any templates for skins ?

16. philrob

philrob Registered

Bears,
    The templates can be found in the race 07 and GTR2 original release of the mod.

Corti likes this.
  17. bears

bears Registered

Thanks Phil I will check it out

18. willyC

willyC Registered

Sorry, but I have not seen any templates in either of the source mods. I will have another scan later though in case there are some laying around.

memoNo1 likes this.
  19. Corti

Corti Registered

20. philrob

philrob Registered

Corti,
    just tried this version of templates, all worked ok for me, perhaps re download them and try again