[REL] 2019 NTT Indycar Series

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ApexModding, May 24, 2019.

1. bears

bears Registered

Nice to drive so far for an early beta its very promising thanks so much

yoss likes this.
  2. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

As I mentioned in that thread, I believe that "Temp Boost" can be used for push to pass. I'm not sure 100% how it works. It may provide 100% boost. So for example if you are on setting 5/10 and you are on the button, it may run 10/10. When you let go, it goes back to 5/10.
    While P2P would be like 110% boost. So same thing but it would be like 11/10, and not selectable from the garage or wheel settings. Again, I'm not sure how it works ingame. But either way, it is better than nothing.

I have to look into what APEX has for aids. I did catch that it does have roll bar adjustments and boost adjustments.

Watching a few videos (searching Indycar Steering Wheel), Indycar does have buttons for weight jacker. I thought that ISI DW12 has "Track Bar" commented as the Weight jacker. Everything in the videos has been listed as "fuel mapping". That is ingame for rF2. But I believe that the RL Indycar fuel mapping is a combination of rF2 fuel mapping and boost mapping.

Just throwing a few things out there for additional features.

ede78 and AMillward like this.
  3. Kiss_my_haas

Kiss_my_haas Registered

I really hope you guys can add temp boost for push 2 pass, it’s one major feature that every INDYCAR mod has missed out on .

4. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

They get a major safety modification next year. :eek:

[​IMG]

5. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Lucky enough sim racing is a nice place to preserve that beautiful chasis wihtout those ugly cockpits. It doesn't look as bad as in F1 or F2. but it makes be wonder why they even do open wheel racing. Racing as it was while being able to look in the eyes of the driver is gone. Next up will be Karts.

[​IMG]

6. Formula24

Formula24 Registered

Ah yes complaining drivers being less likely to die.

sg333 and rubennaatje like this.
  7. jymp

jymp Registered

Hopefully it's final version won't look as bad as what shown here.

8. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

Just a quick post to interject and shed some light and also prevent this topic from falling into off-topic discussions out of proportion:
    • The Push-2-Pass is a feature we would love to see supported by the game itself. We rather have the cars not have P2P until it can be implemented correctly than having the ability to abuse the boost without restraints.
    • We are not looking into a 2020 model. This was an opportunity that presented itself where we could bring something quality (especially at v1.00) to the community the best way possible, free. So let us not get into the aesthetic issues of a halo or extrapolate about caring or not for the safety of drivers.

We are spread very thin due to real life commitments but will try to keep this being updated as frequently as our schedule permits. We will not abandon this mod or leave it shelved for months either. We desire a car that will feel awesome at the sweeping bends at Indy, that will feel at the limit of control through the understated dangerous walls of Lester, and that will require sharp concentration to hit your braking points and exit cleanly out of corners at Detroit.

9. AMillward

AMillward Registered

bUt mUh ReALiSm!

10. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Not trying to rush things, but is there an appropriate skin template yet?

11. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

pkelly likes this.
  12. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

We were unable to work on the mod and some contributors are also away in Michigan this weekend but we will commit an update to Steam as soon as we compile enough. It may not be v1.0 or even 0.9, but we have targets for each area of the mod to achieve. Meanwhile, just a brief word of appreciation to Jan, Daniel, Robert, Carlos, and Brendan. :)

13. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Good thing you didn't update it at the weekend as I was reviewing it at the time! :p

14. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

There is nothing to review yet, it will be expanded and greatly improved. Just have some patience because you will redo your video all over again ;). It is like reviewing a game based on the first E3 demo gameplay.

mr.Sw1tchblade and ede78 like this.
  15. ede78

ede78 Registered

I guess most indycar fans here know all about patience. Thank you for your effort to bring Indycar back to RF2.

16. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I like to show how the mod has progressed. I did the same thing with the V8 Supercars Mod in Assetto Corsa.

It started here, and HOLY HELL IT'S NOW HERE AND IT'S AWESOME!

17. yoss

yoss Registered

we are facing unforeseen issues with the 2D part of our mod which means the full field will be delayed. We're studying two possibilities but the upside to this update is the key people working on physics and sounds are doing well. Our next update may not bring the mod to 1.0 but we will likely be locked in for other aspects including a scratch-made new driver with full animations!

On the physics side, the engineers have been busy with their teams - they had Indy, Detroit, and just left Texas - so they are finally able to devote time to this. We aim to include good stock setups so no secret or unrealistic tweaks must be made to achieve decent laptimes.

We cannot wait to have everything completed but we will not wait for all cars to be painted to release the update. We want to let you all get your hands on the new car and enjoy it as much as the drivers themselves are enjoying it. It is all about accuracy!

Hazi, GPNeville, pkelly and 6 others like this.
  18. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I am very excited...
    Sounds very good.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  19. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

First pass at an initial internal update. The changes are palpable! Not setting an E.T.A. due to holiday/real life availability of the engineers/drivers/graphics artists but it is being worked in parallel with our Endurance 1999 cars. 67183841_2202391523193500_4004160708269834240_o.jpg

20. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

Our physics revamp is nearly done. So far the real driver feedback is extremely positive. Still no E.T.A. but closer!

Sounds, tyre textures, and other bits are also not final.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019