Launcher downloading all content again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by whitmore, Jul 28, 2019.

1. whitmore

whitmore Registered

I have over 2000 hours logged with RF2 and today when starting the game the launcher wants to download all workshop subscribed items again. My Rfactor2 folder in my steam Library is 157GB.
    Has some major update of the game taken place?

2. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Check your workshop content folder in steam, that's where all your workshop stuff is stored. This isn't in the rF2 directory.
    Usually found here. \Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\365960\

3. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Maybe you have packaged (rfmod) some cars and tracks that are using previous versions ?
    If so, all those old version will be kept until you uninstall that package.

4. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Thanks for the replies. Content folder same size after I let all of the content download again. Really not sure what the need was just hope it does not happen again.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Did Steam crash at all prior to this? As this has happened to me when during an update steam crashed, upon next load it redownloads everything like it's forgotten what's installed or something, it's happened not only for RF2 but for other games as well over the years.

6. whitmore

whitmore Registered

I don't remember a specific crash but I have experienced plenty of failed connections to steam after bootup needing to reboot again to connect to steam. The folder size supports your the thought of steam forgetting falsely what has been downloaded.

bwana likes this.