[WIP] Jaguar XJ13 1967

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by mantasisg, Nov 26, 2018.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I just hacked in rF2 and enabled to show car model in rear view mirror.
    [​IMG]

2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Big big thanks for @Bozak for surprising with perfectly placed driver model ! Also for suggesting some physics tweaks, that I am thinking about.

Thats what I call community. We may not always agree, but we look at the same direction, and move forward together :)

Right now main struggle is to get lights working well, then will move towards gauges, perhaps rain and wiper animation if I'll be able to do that. And more in the future...

Here is how my issue looks like, thats how "glo" objects goes... same in game as in gJed:
    [​IMG]

So I just use texture with full alpha as main texture, and enable alpha test. And then get some next gen invisible light sources :D
    [​IMG]

Also Mirror is working now, and it is great. In my preffered fov screen, I only see 2/3 of the mirror. The mirror is placed in correct place, but I wonder should I drag it a bit to the right ? Should I do it ?
    [​IMG]

Also objects of the car are flickering in the night - light to dark to very light.... I guess that might be the reason for the mess in GEN file. Will try to improve it.

vegaguy5555, Corti, GeraArg and 4 others like this.
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

And some good sauce

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

awesome sexy car!! :)

vegaguy5555 and Corti like this.
  5. pascom

pascom Registered

6. knackko

knackko Registered

Looks nice !
    Will it be release soon? :)

7. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Looks great. Can't wait to drive it in rR2. Will be a real treat!

8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Hopefully, I haven't been working with Goodwood and XJ13 for a while now. I got involved with Woochoos 1954 mod (check it out, I think it gives nice experience), also did not have too much time. Hopefully to continue soon. I am also thinking to make a basic port of my Nemuno Ziedas track, and then slowly work on these three pieces of content.

Once there will be significantly more development on this car, then I will release an update. Here just for testing, or maybe even an early workshop release... though it needs a lot of work to make use of everything, and to make car work right, not even talking about lods and finishing it up...

Also last time I was happy about progressing with suspension geometry, and the work I did with tires. Turns out it was majorly placebo. And effects that came were from tweaking .hdv file and just couple of parameters in .tgm file... I felt quite stupid lol Though it wasn't entirely placebo, because tweaking other parameters made real differences. You can achieve a lot only by tweaking hdv file, engine file, and few parameters in tgm... I developed basic understanding on car suspension geometry, I hope to really put it in practice next time...

9. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Looking forward to updates. ;)

Mauro likes this.
  10. Duncan

Duncan Registered

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Sounds so good !

And I have eventually drifted towards Ecurie Ecosse LM69, seems like it is very very very new thing. Exciting stuff.

Also no news about XJ13 in rF2 now. Also I have to make a note for you that you shouldn't expect rapid or soon updates on any of my mods, because I have too many WIPs, and not a lot of time to work on them, but eventually things move forwards when I feel like in right time to do it, so it is not like I am abandoning any of my projects, but just don't have any clearly organised modding schedule now.

Duncan, pascom, vegaguy5555 and 4 others like this.
  12. Formula24

Formula24 Registered

Any plans to make a version of said LM69?

13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

No. Even though it seems to share lots of lines and features with XJ13, and it would be indeed interesting to see how XJ with downforce would perform.

I wish making a car these days wouldn't take a month or more of full time work, then I would probably think about it. I didn't have much time lately, so taking even more stuff is the least thing for me to do. Cars also would benefit of team work a lot, in fact it is the only way to have properly done cars, this reminds me that I have received lots of direct community help from community for XJ13 and Goodwood. My main wish would be to get those to workshops in less than decade :D Joke. Hopefully in a year.

Emery, Legend, pkelly and 1 other person like this.
  14. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I think I have collected quite a bit of useful knowledge and skill by working on physics for 1967 Endurance cars. It all should apply nicely to XJ13, looking forward to update physics. I don't remember what exactly the now available model is, but I will probably only attempt some texture and shading improvements in near future.

Meanwhile I am getting used to Blender 2.8, and it is fun. I have never played with Cycles rendering engine, I like Evee a lot, but I just started using cycles, and the improvement is amazing to me. Here are some renders that goes from almost none to increasing intensity lighting. I did series of renders with rather low image size and rather low sampling rate, so it didn't cost ton of time. In this link: https://imgur.com/a/1q2o2lF

And just one render for show.
    [​IMG]

jimagn, Duncan, Churrinche and 12 others like this.
  15. Bostrom

Bostrom Registered

Great News ! ! ! :)

16. Sebastien Sestacq

too hot car!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jimagn and vegaguy5555 like this.
  17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Do I see a few lines that resemble the Aston Hypercar?

18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

@Oldseb I just want to tell that this one is replica :)

@davehenrie You see it too ? I immediately had same thought when I saw Valkyre. It most definitely has some lines that resembles XJ13 that was designed by Malcolm Sayer. I think the 2017 Valkyre design had even more of these lines.

There are more cars that was a bit of a tribute to XJ13: Jaguar XJ220, Jaguar CX-75 and the recent Ecurie Ecosse LM69.

davehenrie likes this.
  19. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Are these pic in rF2 or AC?

20. Sebastien Sestacq