Released The Tatuus Pack is HERE!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Ginmile

Ginmile Registered

I don't know if it's a bug, but when i request to go to the pit i can't refueling the tatuus. In the lcd ther's not the line for the fuel

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm guessing most series the Tatuus race in do not allow re-fueling then.

3. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

Love the cars, but still have some questions about suspension positions. Perhaps @Marcel Offermans or @Christopher Elliott can elaborate a little.

I've read about anti-dive and anti-squat (on Rapid-Racer.com), but I got a little bit confused by the term "anti-lift".
    1. Do anti-lift and anti-squat apply to the front suspension or rear suspension or both? Or does the one apply to the front and the other to the rear?
    2. Is anti-squat simply the resistance the car offers to the car 'sinking' towards the ground (front under under braking and rear under acceleration) and anti-lift to the car 'jumping up' from the ground (front during acceleration and rear during braking)? OR
    3. Does anti-lift ONLY keep the front from coming up under acceleration and anti-squat ONLY prevent the rear from bottoming under acceleration?
    The questions overlap a little, but I think you catch my drift.

Thanks in advance!

Alexandr Meshkov likes this.
  4. Marc Christopher Harris

Marc Christopher Harris Registered

Great cars. So so so good. Just one little thing. Tried adjusting the mirrors, and since doing so, they seem to go haywire. Alternating between looking forwards and backwards (look at left mirror in video)

I can't get rid of it either! Regardless of what track I use. Seems to be stuck like it.

5. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Most likely the two meshes are conflicting/very close. Would require an update by s397. I think the mirrors are a separate gmt for the cockpit so they just need to remove the other mesh that's causing the conflict

6. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

I made a skin for the FT-50 and this happens to both my mirrors if I use it but not when I use a default skins.

7. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

8. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

Not 100% sure this will work but might be worth a try.
    Set "Moving Rearview" in your player file to 0

9. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The cars are used in short-medium sprint races with no refuelling in those races. Hence, no option to put fuel in.

10. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Anyone notice a difference between the T318 Asia car compared to the WSK one? The Asia car feels more twitchy to me with the WSK having more understeer. This is using default setups for both cars.

11. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

I thought the cars were exactly the same, and only the skin changed! It would be great to have a confirmation on this

Mauro and Rui Santos like this.
  12. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Yeah, the WSK is VERY understeery, didn't tried the Asia because i thought too they were the same...

13. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

Just double checked the announcement, and it specifically mentions the F.3 T318 as the car used for both Asia F3 and Regional WSK. Haven't checked if the default setups are different though.

Here is the text on the announcement for reference:
    "Tatuus F.3 T318, year of production 2018. Production number 220. Equipped with the Alfa Romeo blown 1.7 engine producing 280 bhp. This car comes with big wings and big tyres and an aeromap very similar to its equivalent in the FIA F3. It is actually run in two championships, the ASIA F3 and Regional WSK."

Rui Santos likes this.
  14. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

@Ricardo Diz @Rui Santos

Try joining PRC's server and have ago at using the different cars and see what you think with default setups. ;)

Server name: Phoenixracingclub.net #6

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  15. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  16. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

17. Mauro

Mauro Registered

18. svictor

svictor Registered

Our local league recently has been racing F3 as well, and some of our racers found exact same behavior as people mentioned above (tested with exact same setup):
    Asia version is more oversteer, and reach redline earlier.
    WSK version is a bit understeer, much forgiving at corner exit with aggressive throttle, and reach redline a bit later than asia.

We too would like to see some official information about those differences, would be very helpful for organizing future races.

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  19. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Unfortunately carstat don't work with tatuus contents
    It could be very useful for car model specs

20. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

So, in my league we are about to start a series with that car, i'd really like to have an official confirmation about the differences between the two, but, by looking at the VEH files of each series i've seen they are linked to different HDV files (the physics files), so they are definitely different somewhere, perhaps only tires, but who knows.

The problem is that is not possible to put only one series in a server since they uses the same class, but i'm gonna try to remove the ASIA cars from the unlocked mas and re-package it, i think is the only way to have only one series so far.

TOCA2FREAK and Ricardo Diz like this.