[WIP] CART 1985

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ChiefWiggum, Nov 16, 2018.

1. djvicious

djvicious Registered

[​IMG]

Here is a WIP for Raul Boesel's road version. Chief I'm still struggling to get the flap decals to line up properly. Any tips?

pascom, Highlandwalker and GeraArg like this.
  2. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

for this part I don't use the same logo as on the sidepods, I paint this part free hand, I paint a Line, look where it is, move it to the right position, when you have one Line in the right position it is easy to paint the rest, for me it is the best technic, not sure if this is help for you

3. kimbo

kimbo Registered

This mod+sebring=orgasm

4. Duncan

Duncan Registered

Maybe the engine life has to be corrected, i have seen ai burning the engine in the pitlane and blocking the lane for everyone...:(

5. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I'm back for a few days. :)

@djvicious pretty much what Chief said. You can use the logo, but you will need to play around with it as the side pod and side pod flaps are at different scales. You can look at what I did with the Coors car on what I did. It's not perfect, but it works.

In your case with the "Break Free" being pretty linear, maybe just adding the lines in exactly where you need them.

6. Chris Lesperance

@ChiefWiggum Two quick questions. I haven't tried the Steam version yet.

#1 - Was the Michael Andretti KRACO car painted? I think you said you had it completed, but I don't think I ever saw it.
    #2 - Do you have a helmet template for both the Bell and Simpson?

7. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

1 + 2 = yes

Chris Lesperance likes this.
  8. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

yeah, this needs a Update, but the main focus is not on the AI in this Demo

Chris Lesperance likes this.
  9. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

Corti likes this.
  10. djvicious

djvicious Registered

That's what I'll try. It's pretty close as it is so a little play with the brush and eraser should fix it.

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Marcels? (lol)

12. Chris Lesperance

Finally tried the update for a few laps last night. Its a big step in the right direction. I did see the Michael Andretti car was there :)

Chief, are you able to do the Al Unser Sr car as well? It is the same livery as Mear's. If you have the Mears .PSD like how you have Rahal in the template, I can take that one on as well ;)

I have the full night open. So I'm going to attempt out clear out the existing WIP skins I have.

@JoeP1 If you have that Fittipaldi skin, I can get it added in the way that I have my cars added in. At least until Chief adds it to the full mod. Your image didn't load for me. Would love to see a screen shot of it ingame :)

pkelly likes this.
  13. TheBigDawg

TheBigDawg Registered

for people having issues on motor life on their own car back the motor down to 11,500 rpm and youll be fine. 12,500 is more to qual RPM 11,500 is race motor. just a tip

14. JoeP1

JoeP1 Registered

@ Chris Lesperance I'm not sure how to post or upload an image. I can send the dds file for the skin where ever you let me know.

15. Chris Lesperance

@JoeP1 If you can send me the .dds or .psd that would be great! I'll get it ingame for ya ;)

Took a bit longer tonight. I added the "Canadian Tire" logo to the side pod flaps on the #76 on both the 500 and road liveries.

I also got AJ Foyt's 500 car completed! A massive PITA logo find but I feel comfortable where it is at. The other Gilmore 500 cars and AJ's road version will be next on the list
    Untitled-1.jpg

ChiefWiggum likes this.
  16. djvicious

djvicious Registered

The updated demo is great, thanks Chief! If I have to make a little request, can you get rid of the auto-blip or make an option to disable? My downshifts feel too perfect right now!

I'm working on the #20 Don Whittington (and Giacomelli for road) car and should have that done in the next couple days. I messed up the racing stripe, got pissed off and called it a day... Also need to test out my tweaks for the rear skirt I've discussed ad-nauseum by now. When I'm done I'll have:
    #60 Rich Vogler (indy only)
    #22 Dick Simon (indy)
    #22 Boesel (road)
    #23 Boesel (indy)
    #20 Whittington (indy)
    #20 Giacomelli (road)

Chris, if you have problems with getting logo, one trick is to find that logo in a photo and trace over it in a layer to try and make a dummy of it. I had to do that with the 'Soundengn' logo on the Dick Simon cars. It looks shitty, but they are so small you don't notice. I have to do the same with the Sta-Kleen logo on Boesel's car, as all I can find are pictures of antifreeze bottles.

Chief & Chris, let me know if you want me to start on any others. Also, let me know who to send the DDS files to. I don't know how to properly create the subfolders so my file names are still like ALT_CARTER...

17. djvicious

djvicious Registered

[​IMG]

I should probably add an updated image of Boesel's car.

18. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

looks fantastic, do you guys paint suits and helmets also?

19. JoeP1

JoeP1 Registered

20. Chris Lesperance

Yup that is what I did. I finally found pics a week ago that were good enough for me to use as a trace. Also for the Foyt, it was hard to just know what the logos were until I found that painting picture. The Boesel car looks great!

If they way that I did the first release is ok, I'll create them stand alone that way. The issue is using the correct wings and helmets. I'm in the process of creating a sheet that has which helmet each driver used, which wings and which rims. It still isn't complete, and I need to convert it from Excel to Google Docs to make it shareable. The Fittipaldi car looks great as well! Is the oval version with it? Did you plan on making it? If not, with the .PSD, I should be able to make it quick.

I haven't started it yet. Eventually I would like to get to it. I've never been good with painting helmets or suits. But I'll give it a go at some point.