[POLL] : What are the 3 things you want to see the most and the fastest progress on rF2 ?

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by DrivingFast, Mar 27, 2019.

?

What are the 3 things you want to see the most and the fastest progress on rF2 ?

1. Improve the "global realism": physics, driving in the rain/aquaplaning, gearbox very realistic, etc.

112 vote(s)
    61.2%
  2. Systematic update official cars when necessary, especially in the field of Physics (also S397fromISI

37 vote(s)
    20.2%
  3. Accelerate the creation of official cars, provided they remain of exceptional quality (realism).

12 vote(s)
    6.6%
  4. Accelerate the creation of quality track (Zandvoort), and of exceptional quality (Nords, Sebring).

23 vote(s)
    12.6%
  5. New competition system, improve the online experience.

54 vote(s)
    29.5%
  6. Improve the offline experience + correct all the faults of the AI and significantly improve AI.

79 vote(s)
    43.2%
  7. New UI + enhancement and added features.

64 vote(s)
    35.0%
  8. Improve immersion elements : graphics, sounds, other immersion elements.

52 vote(s)
    28.4%
  9. Performance of rF2 for all types of users + reduction of all loading times.

42 vote(s)
    23.0%
  10. Other : please specify in your post.

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Emery

Emery Registered

The AI has been allowed to decay.
    1) Try a rolling start. Other than the first row or two, the AI can't keep up with the pace car. Used to work fine, but was broken shortly before or after S397 took over. Similar problem for restarts.
    2) Infamous binary throttle/brake operation that's been around since rF1. "Bwap, bwap, bwap, bwap, zoooom!" Reiza fixed this for AMS.
    3) S397 content releases have not included talent files thus there is no consistency about which driver is fast and which is slow.
    4) Track releases no longer carry alternate AIWs (e.g. no fwd line, no historic line, no rain line, no wide car line).
    5) 3 AI training modes with one that is broken.
    6) No method to distribute AI training files.
    7) Some endurance problems with pitting, tire strategy, etc.
    8) Multiclass passing is inconsistent. Reiza fixed this for AMS.

There's good stuff in there, but no attention has been given to AI in a LONG time and S397 has said it will be a long time before AI gets the attention it deserves due to the current work.

2. Travis

Travis Registered

I believe all the listed options are of vital importance.

I've recently culled a host of add-ons as they are no longer supported and won't be updated to the latest shaders and tyre model.

I was surprised at the number of older mods with outdated tech.

3. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

For me it's AI improvements and continually improving physics, feel and feedback.

DustySticks likes this.
  4. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

the boys of virtua le mans also solved it in their fantastic mod of rfactor1, where the ai was simply fantastic.

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Isn't multiclass passing up to the track building? I mean back when I played offline in GTR2 some tracks were crap for multiclass, then there were some AIW updates for these tracks that changed everything. One of them was Daytona, a LMP1 could spend 2+ laps behind a GT, with the fix they'd pass easily

6. DustySticks

DustySticks Registered

Could not agree more. I constantly see people praising rF2 AI on reddit and it just tells me they don't actually use the AI offline, because if they did they would know that rF2 AI is not what it used to be. The inability of the AI to avoid destroying each other on track in multiclass races completely destroys the immersion. It's frustrating that so much attention and focus is given to online play, when I would say a good portion if not half or more of the rF2 community are offline based drivers.

It's frustrating feeling like a second class citizen in sim racing right now if you prefer offline racing, but IMO that is the state of sim racing. Everyone wants to chase iRacing and their multiplayer success and the offline experience has suffered for it.

RoboCAT10, LokiD and Nielsen like this.
  7. ElecctroEsper

ElecctroEsper Registered

Gonna add I'd like to see a way to integrate plugin in replay. Would love to have custom HUD when watching/recording replays after a race.

8. LokiD

LokiD Registered

did this poll help I wonder :rolleyes:

DaREALMastaD likes this.
  9. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I have just returned to see this poll, which in my opinion was well done, and I see that the results are very clear.

And what is clear is that S397 has taken a direction far beyond what their user base wanted.

Honestly, it's sad.

RoboCAT10 likes this.
  10. redapg

redapg Registered

A Forum Admin should check the Percentage Result Calculation of the Polls. ;)

11. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

1) Shadow fix, and particulary the ones on the wall and barriers
    2) AI brake on/off fix + more AI features with safety car
    3) more tracks
    4) AI selection like Raceroom, it's a nightmare to choose the AI liveries
    5) Sound improvement, to be close to ACC, when I race ACC, it's a pleasure to chase a car and to listen to the AI engine, in rF2 it's a nightmare

12. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I did not verify the calculation of the %, but it must be taken into account that there were 3 possible choices per person.

Anyway, the more votes there are for a theme, the higher the percentage, the higher the percentage, the more important the theme is to the user base.

There is a gigantic gap between the accomplished and planned S397 objectives, and the wishes of the user base.

It's kind of a missed opportunity I would say.

13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

the Esport is the under Iceberg, the majority, the priority, me, you, we are the people, the top of the iceberg, the minority, your pool will change nothing...but keep hope :)

14. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I voted AI as it has been ignored for so long now. I hear people say rf2 has the best AI, but if that is true than that is just sad, as the AI are pretty poor IMO.

1) Blue flag logic. The AI usually get in the way of faster cars and cause collisions.

2) Wet weather. The AI suffer from this bug where they will pit every few laps for new wet weather tyres. Just in general the race strategy is very, very poor. Makes offline wet weather racing pointless.

3) The AI can’t follow the safety car properly.

4) The AI have the throttle/brake bug as was previously mentioned. It got worse in a later build.

5) The AI reverse into walls and lack intelligence when returning to the race track.

These are just some of the things that completely ruin any immersion if doing an offline race with AI. Years have passed since these bugs were ‘noted’ but nothing has been improved even slightly. Maybe s397 can give something to their offline players for once?

djfil007, davehenrie and David Short like this.
  15. green serpent

green serpent Registered

After spending a few hours last night lapping Monza in the BMW M2 CS and trying to get close to the esports guys, it made me think the drivetrain should be way up there, if not no.1 focus. I simply could not be fast unless I BRUTALLY abused the drivetrain. These drivers like Henri, they are doing things with the car especially on corner entry that would almost be psychotic to do in real life, not to mention blow up the gear box (probably, I don't really know). Driving in this way feels fake, i try not to do it, but if you want to be fast especially with tracks like Monza you need to use the gears to slow down the car. Sadly, I think simulated drivetrain will not be coming for a long time, but I think it would go a long way in reducing the exploity type driving style. IDK the correct terminolgy but I would be happy with at least a scripted drivetrain that can be damaged if you're doing compression lock up corner entry's at 200km/h lap after lap. Maybe these cars can withstand that IRL, I do not know. I have always maintained that I do not like the scripted "can't get the car into gear" (when there are no elecetronic systems), because I know IRL just as long as you match road speed you can generally downshift VERY early if you where bonkers enough to do it. There needs to be some repercussions though as far as damage or something.

16. petrolhead

petrolhead Registered

When are we going to have:

1. Drivers names on cars in multiplayer?
    2. The ability to change cars while in a mulitiplayer game?

Both of the above we available in the old UI version but as net not implemented in the latest version.

Maybe instead of deleoping new cars maybe they should concentrate on getting the UI bugs sorted??

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

different teams working on each I would imagine, but I agree with your sentiment....rF2 has GOT to start addressing missing features and buggy behaviors.

18. FORMULAEFAN71

FORMULAEFAN71 Registered

I also voted besides the two obvious ones, immersion elements including crash damage. Shouldn’t be possible to lose all wings and a wheel and still make it back to the pits to fix it all up. Yes not a priority for now, but iRacing and even the F1 2021 game massively outdo this, in fact all sims except the original AC do a better job. There needs to be more realistic abilities to damage the car, like easier I feel like. And also more visual and effective damage by little contacts that doesn’t result in completely losing a component. I feel like taking off the rear wing is the only way to get rear wing damage, and just rear wing damage doesn’t do anything, if you get what I mean? Also an easier point to reach like a point of no return where you can’t fix or drive the car any more, terminal damage. Right now the only actual damage that DNFs you would be all of the drive wheels falling off

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

<insert Coulthard vs Schumacher at Spa video here> :p

Yep, more nuanced damage, repair times, and the option for "time out" if you get damage in practice/qual (even as a configurable percentage of real repair time - let's do proper session time spacing while we're there; oh and throw in cumulative weather between sessions as well...)...

Oh the places you'll go. If someone ever gets around to it.

FORMULAEFAN71 likes this.
  20. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Nº1 would take priority in the new tire models