Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Just made a deal on a house...moving to Vegas on Aug 27th, then it'll take a week or so to get back online. I miss this racing immensely!

2. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Congrats on the house, TF. Hope the move goes smoothly.

3. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Great news Tucker......I miss my Sparky mate...Now remember to pack the wheel last so it'll be the first thing out.....;):p

Tucker Fleming likes this.
  4. mel1c

mel1c Registered

Moving to Las Vegas in August - GASP :eek:. Take it easy & slow.

5. BryanBirtwell

BryanBirtwell Registered

Can't wait to see your car back on the track! And we all miss you too!

Cya in month!

Bryan

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  6. BryanBirtwell

BryanBirtwell Registered

Today we're at New Jersey Motorsport Park... I think I've got the name right...

This track is fun, fun, FUN!

Hope to see you all there at 3PM -7 GMT.

Bryan

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  7. jjcook

jjcook Registered

what time is that supposed to be Bryan?

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Think he means 3pm GMT-7.

Fun race today, decent start (on the race restart; got a flyer on the first but wouldn't have lasted anyway) and was battling Paul, went for a pass and completely missed my marker in T1, took us out to the fence. Then spun again half a lap later for good measure. Slowly caught up and we hassled Bryan, then both of them went wide so I got behind Bryan, and same corner next lap he went wide again so I got through. Caught up a little to Cookie and Nols who were fighting and perhaps slipping off once or twice, but too far ahead to challenge. Good stuff :)

*And honourable mention to JPC, who turned up not knowing the track and (as far as I saw) did a good job of keeping out of the way while making his way around, and stuck around for the whole race which is something some people can't do when they're out of contention. Hopefully he makes a habit of turning up - after some practice :D

9. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Yep, was a fun race until I decided concentration wasn't really needed.....sigh..:(
    Always fun in these tho.
    Speaking of fun....this week it's the Datsuns at NJMP(same track). These are the best side by side racing I have had in a long time.....Absolute blast....Hope to see a good turn out this week.

10. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

So after Bryan and I spending 12+ hrs in the server since yesterday and getting heaps of people in loving these cars, I can seriously say I have never had so much fun in any car in any sim. We had a bunch of south american guys in with us and just had race after race...... You seriously have to try these.

BryanBirtwell likes this.
  11. BryanBirtwell

BryanBirtwell Registered

Heya guys... So, these Datsun 510 sedans and coupes... WOW are they fun!

Like "nonamenow" says, we had 5 or 6 guys from Peru on the last couple of nights/days.

I think these cars might just be too much fun!!! If you haven't tried them, you NEED to!

They will be residing on my server for some time to come!

So, hook up on the F3 Fanatics! server now!

Tucker Fleming and nonamenow like this.
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Timezones don't work for me during the week, but I'll catch up on the weekend :cool:

13. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I'm up for jumping on most times 6:00am to 8:00pm Oz time if you're available. Bryan, myself and a heap of others are getting on from about 10-11am til early afternoon.

14. ACT Mike

ACT Mike Registered

So when does the race start, Aussie time???

15. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Practice is Sunday 8:00am Eastern. 7:30am central. 30min Practice, 30min qually and 30min race. Be aware that a fuel stop is required in these.

16. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

After not racing for a few months I don't think I could have picked a better event to realise why I have spent 12 years sim racing.
    The slippery, nimble Dato at an exciting track with some friendly and casual but highly competitive opponents.
    It didn't even bother me that my lack of practice meant I ended up racing the clock as I watched the extremely close battles ahead of me slowly disappear into the distance. I was happy to finish on the lead lap with only one bit of grass that needed mowing mid race. :rolleyes:
    Thanks to @BryanBirtwell for organising the race and I'm looking forward to the next race.

jimagn and Tucker Fleming like this.
  17. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I just had the best racing for as long as I remember.
    @cookie and Lazza...awesome battles guys, so much fun.
    Now on to Mid-Ohio with chicane. Another great circuit for these.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The cars are a little rough around the edges (but version number reflects that) had to turn FFB Mult down more than normal (0.50) not so much to stop clipping but because of some harsh vibrations especially at very low speeds. Started to come in again towards the very end of the race so I'll definitely keep it low.

But, once you start to work the cars out and keep the speed up they're very rewarding and fun - too much entry speed will get the rear out but manageable, exit oversteer the same, and you can control the line and rear end with the throttle mid corner. Shame they don't do the full 30 mins on a tank and we'll have to keep reminding people not to change tyres, but well worth turning up to race these things.

Emery, jimagn and nonamenow like this.
  19. Emery

Emery Registered

I'll probably be popping back onto f3fanatics 'round about October when my autocross season wraps up, but in the meantime I figure y'all would enjoy a pic or two about how the autocrossing has been going.

As is common with fwd, my Focus ST lifts the inside rear wheel when driven hard.
    upload_2019-8-5_18-14-18.png

So that seems all normal and conventional, but then, much to my surprise, I was captured with TWO wheels off the ground this Sunday...
    upload_2019-8-5_18-15-42.png

I've been visiting all the Oregon and Washington autocross clubs that aren't marque-specific, so there have been autocrosses most every weekend since mid-February and I've put 14,400 miles on Pepper just traveling to autocrosses ever since buying her new back on 15 July 2018. Results-wise, I'm winning two different local club championships and usually setting top indexed time for other clubs (excepting the 3 most competitive clubs).

jimagn and jjcook like this.
  20. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Looks like a lot of fun. Congrats on the success mate. Look forward to seeing ya back on track.

Emery likes this.