Targa Florio WIP

Discussion in 'Locations' started by 6e66o, Oct 1, 2012.

1. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

That I did not know.

Your answer is useful, unlike the one above.

I hope someone will want to do it.

This circuit is really special and unique because of its specificities.

2. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Yes,it is awesome,one of my favourits too,but is sooo huge to improve it :D

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The sky is hardcoded in rF2. Nothing you can do about that.

Real road implementation is probably quite time consuming. Many rF1 tracks have only 1 poly per width of the road and require going through 3ds max to increase the number of polys.

Bumps would need to be manually introduced one by one after having divided the track into a higher number of polys.

As you see, what you are asking for is not straightforward at all. If it was, the one who converted it would have easily done it, ... but he didn't.

If you follow my tutorial about converting tracks you will also learn how to do this. It is not difficult but quite a work. However, considering the interest in this track I am sure it won't be a problem for you. Let us know when it is ready so that we can take a look and drop our comments.

chisco85 likes this.
  4. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Thank you for this accurate answer.

I thought that for the realroad it was much simpler and faster.

Regarding the bumps actually there is enough, although from my point of view, more is always better.

For the sky, I do not understand what there seems to be a sky Rfactor type 1, but it is much less serious than the missing realroad.

I honestly thought that the necessary work would not have been huge for these 3 things, really a shame.

The layout is so good and the graphics okay compared to where the original version comes from which I'm going to settle for the existing one.
    It is good enough all the same to have fun.

On the other hand Spaskis, even if I had the time (which is not the case), I do not feel able to do this work myself and I do not have any interest for the modding, so I do not know how to do it.

Thank you for your explanation.

5. Emery

Emery Registered

I wish you'd learn modding. Then you wouldn't have to ask so much of other people... because they do not have time or interest to please you, so it would be good if you could please yourself.

Guimengo likes this.
  6. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I do not force anyone.
    I emphasize that this track really has a particular interest.
    That only 2 or 3 tasks would make this circuit exciting.

Having no knowledge in modding, @SPASKIS pointed out to me that even these 2 spots are very long.

I say OK, I do not want a guy spend dozens of hours working on something just for my beautiful eyes.

In fact we can not say anything here. There is always a guy to make an obnoxious remark.

7. dylbie

dylbie Registered

@dadaboomda some advice: If each one of your posts is met with an obnoxious remark, then maybe have a look at your original posts. You do seem to come across quite demanding and rude, and always asking someone else to do things for you.

A few years ago I wanted an MR2 in rFactor. Nobody had made the car before, and all the modders I asked were too busy, some others I didn't bother asking (or make a demanding forum post) as I knew there isn't much interest in the car.

I had only one option and that was to learn how to do it myself.

I find the fact you have no interest in modding very worrying especially after reading your demands on this forum almost daily. Life should be all about self-enrichment and expanding your knowledge. If you openly admit you don't know how to mod because you can't be bothered, nobody is going to help you.

I expect your next post on this forum to be: "I've downloaded 3DSimEd, now help me improve Targa Florio." If you do this and show that you are willing to learn the ropes even if you are only just starting out, you'll get a lot more help rather than just demanding a laserscanned Nordschleife every five minutes.

8. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I would never force anyone to do anything for me.

Concerning the Targa Florio, it's me who makes the request, yes. But it's absolutely not for me, you know very well : this circuit has enormous potential and would like a lot of users, I would put my hand to cut.

So it's me who asks BUT IT'S NOT FOR ME, it's for me ALSO.

When to modding, my life is busy. Each one's own hobbies or center of interest. I'm driving in real life (passion). RF2 is not a passion, but a very good hobby. Even if I wanted it I could not: I work 65 hours a week and I have a child of 2.5 years. And YES I ASSUME, I use RF2 as a consumer. I do not participate and will never participate in creating content. Each his own.

Now, am I grateful for the often free work of modders? Very much. Yes enormously, especially for the content circuit (apart from two mods of Slowmotion, I only use the car content ISI / S397).

You do not judge me well. My request was legitimate and very polite. I really brought back the many things to do on this circuit to only 2 principal and priority, so that if it interests a modder, IT IS PRECISELESS THE LESS WORK TO DO.

9. filippu

filippu Registered

How would you force anyone to to something on the internet anyway ? :p

It's very generous of you.

If you cut both hands, it could stop you from posting nonsense.

A request rarely has effect on a modder. A modder does what he does because he wants to do a particular track or car.
    If you think someone will think "oh, dadaboomda wants this track, I shall start doing this immediately", then you are delusional, and have a quite high opinion of yourself. If a modder wanted to take over the project and improve it, it probably would have been done already.

10. chisco85

chisco85 Registered

The Best thanks

11. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

No modder interested to improve this great circuit ?

That would be wonderful.

I know this circuit is a gigantic size ..... and requires a lot of work.

But these specificities make a totally unique track.

In terms of layout, even the Nurburgring is not as interesting (sequences of turns), and the scenery is fabulous.

chisco85 and vegaguy5555 like this.
  12. Mauro

Mauro Registered

chisco85, Ernie and pascom like this.
  13. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

vegaguy5555 and Mauro like this.
  14. Sergio Loro

Sergio Loro Registered

make it a 50K crowfunding campaign and i spent next 4/5 years building this baby, i already did once, with not again :p

15. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Why not Sergio? Perhaps Crowdfunding would work. I don't know, but if you target is realistic, you would get support (just not sure 50k) But if you work out what you would really do this work for (maybe 50k is right) then set up a campaign and see.
    If you don't hit your target, at least you tried. I would pledge US$100 for this

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  16. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

By modder Abulzz, who will create the Targa Florio for Assetto first, then rF2. Make a donation, even small !!!!

"about the rF2 version, yes, I'm confirming that I am planning to release this track for
    rF2 as well.
    but right now, AC will be the test platform.
    although I could possibly release rF2 version after the track reach a certain point. we'll have to see how it goes later"

pascom, Legend, mixer61 and 3 others like this.
  17. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

That is very good news. Can't wait to see this seamless track in updated graphics condition in rF2.:)

18. Sergio Loro

Sergio Loro Registered

Targa Florio is special in many areas, the scenary is epic, the track is huge and with a lot of challenge. When we build track for GPL take us 3 years or so to complete the track. But with modern sims you have a lot of stuff to improve, buildings, general scenary, there is google street view (we dont have that back on 2006), also there was 3 of us active all the time and like 10 people doing special stuff. It can build by one person, yes for sure (look at Jim Pearson IOM), i think main goal with a project like this is to keep motivation high and build track for you mainly. I hope Abulzz make this track to today standard, that will make me happy for sure :)

19. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

At our level of user we can do only two things :

- Show our interest for this track for rF2 in particular (the track of Assetto is made primarily, it is not necessary that the modder gives up version rF2 !)

- We have the possibility to make a donation, even low, and also to be a patron (to note if you are patron you will have access to the version of AC and not rF2 to test).

Legend and Mauro like this.
  20. Mauro

Mauro Registered

A 10 months old Ac wip video

A recent Ac wip video