[WIP] F1 1986

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ChiefWiggum, Dec 5, 2017.

1. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

and the M186.....

[​IMG]

2. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

3. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Chief , your mod is outstanding, one of my favorites.

Levelup1 and nericksenna like this.
  4. Corti

Corti Registered

makan and pkelly like this.
  5. nericksenna

nericksenna Registered

It sure does blow a lot of F1 mods out of the water ! Even official rf2 mods seem dull next to yours

David Kolody, JoeP1 and Endor like this.
  6. back86

back86 Registered

I was wondering what Arrows did you do the a8 or a9 they used both during the season
    Brabham BT54 was used in british grand prix I think the bt55 is in it the mod
    did you make Lola THL1 i know the THL 2 is in it
    which Minardi did you end up doing Minardi M185B or Minardi M186
    Also there three Osellas used FA1G,F,H which one did you make

7. Endor

Endor Registered

Chief maked both Lola,both Minardi, the BT55, A8 and I think 2 osella
    the BT54 was used only one time as you said, the A9 was a big fail and used only two times

8. Roberto Siragusa

Roberto Siragusa Registered

ma queste macchine sono andate ben oltre le 180 miglia all'ora ...... con il normale motore da corsa in questa mod no

9. Endor

Endor Registered

beh, si tratta sempre di un mod, poi non è finito, la potenza potrebbe cambiare

Roberto Siragusa likes this.
  10. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

Minardi M185b and M186 is uploaded, the Minardi use a new Test Physic, the Car is a little bit tricky to drive, the Turbo Boost have more effect now, and when the Revs too high or you shift under full throttle the engine will blow up

[​IMG]

11. RoWo

RoWo Member

Already realized that. My first rollout was really short. :D
    Thanks for that great mod.

12. dmarques

dmarques Registered

Great work mate. Thanks for completing this amazing season

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I've probably said this two or three times in this thread, but cars like the Minardi are almost carbon copy of same year Indycars. Sure looks like a Lola.

14. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Registered

Great work chief.
    The Minardi is brutal! I always think the current LE cars are a bit too easy to drive and so I'm looking forward to the newer iteration of the physics.
    Some feedback on the new test physics:The Minardi feels a lot like the old Benetton physics in that there is a small boost window which comes in very aggressively @about 12K rpm. The boost setting doesn't appear to have an effect on the power delivery - setting 1 will still break the car loose when you hit the powerband. I tried full wings and 1-2 boost for an outlap to heat the tyres and the car was still very savage to drive. Turn 3 @ Kyalami 76 is flat in every car from a mini to an F1 car, but in the Minardi it kept breaking loose at the rear and spinning, as if there is too little aero downforce. The damage is a great addition and I managed to blow an engine on low boost settings so I don't know if it was over-revving or over heating, but maybe a reduced damage mode on lower boost setting would be good. Somewhere between the Ferrari and this Minardi would make for a great LE physics - Driveable on 80% power and a beast on full boost.

15. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

16. Cristiano Corraini

Cristiano Corraini Registered

First of all, thanks Chief for your work.
    Finally we have all cars/ teams from this golden era!
    I tried the new Minardi test physics in Paul Ricard circuit and here are my feedback, maybe can help you for further development:
    I guess the turbo acceleration curve should be smoother, I do not believe in those times the throttle should be dosed in the straight around 60-70% even in 4th or 5th gear, otherwise the car spinning. I tried to minimize this impact raising the power and coast settings (90% and 50%), but it´s still very very difficult to control the car.
    For downshifting the car reaction seems to be OK, but when upshifting it loses so much rpms and speed during the gear change and it can be adjusted.
    Again I believe the cars of that time had much more downforce than they have in this mod. As.Ex. - impossible to make the Signes curve using 5th or 6th gear like they did in the past. We have to reduce to 4th gear and brake to aprox. 200km/h to handle this long radio curve, same thing i noticed in other circuits like Jacarepagua as.ex. the long curve after the straight. In my opinion, this is the main point that should be improved. I felt too much understeering even with full aero downforce and the settings doesn´t make any effect in this behaviour.
    The engine damage mode is a very positive point, all drivers had to manage turbo boost to not blow the engines during the race, this is very nice.
    Sorry my english and my long text....Greetings and thanks once again!!

17. Sudden

Sudden Registered

Better late than never, but I would like to give you a very big "thank you" for finishing all cars of this fantastic 1986 season, to Chief and to everyone involved that made this possible. Beautiful and realistic cars (high-quality 1986 cars was something needed) and pretty funny to drive, thank you very much!!!

By the way, this question is just a curiosity, but... maybe do you feel interested, or do you feel attracted to do 1987 cars someday? Alongside 1986, probably the 2 most exciting seasons of the turbo era.

18. kimbo

kimbo Registered

19. Levelup1

Levelup1 Registered

Thanks for this addicting mod! A must have for Rfactor 2,just watch the booooost!!!

20. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

Thanks, this mod will get an update, this is not the finished version, but I'm a bit lazy now

DaveS78, Redvaliant, Sudden and 8 others like this.