unknow red/green light on screen

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by arnaud67, Jul 16, 2019.

1. arnaud67

arnaud67 Registered

Hi , I have no idea about green/red lights that appears on the screen up left sometimes after leaving the pits (see screenshot) , can you help me , thank you

Attached Files:

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Stop/go penalty.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you have your message center enabled (it is by default) a message will also come up when you receive the penalty, which will confirm what it's for. Probably either speeding in pitlane or leaving the pits too early.

You can also cycle through the pages on your HUD and find one dedicated to listing the penalties you have, which can help differentiate between a stop/go penalty and a drive-through penalty.

Finally, a stop/go means you stop in your pitbox for 10 seconds and then resume without receiving any service like fuel/tyres. If you have damage and want to do an actual pitstop first you can turn the stop/go off in the HUD pitmenu, and it will turn on again after your stop so you can serve it next time.

If you have a drive through penalty you just need to drive through the pitlane without stopping. I've seen people get disqualified after trying to serve a stop/go penalty multiple times, and it turned out they had a drive-through instead. So check that penalties page if unsure. And don't speed or you'll get another one :D

4. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

I had a drive through penalty today while practicing at Silverstone (I turned off the pit limiter a fraction of a second too soon).

When I tried to serve the penalty I was way too late activating the pit limiter on pit entry and got another penalty but this time it was a stop/go penalty. The indicator at the top of the screen near the center virtual mirror in both cases was a red double arrow ->->.

I've never seen that red/green light on the screen before.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I don't race on-line much, but one of my routines is to immediately pit on my first lap. That way I can find the speed limit lines and my pit stall.

6. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I think what we see is HUD dependent...Stock S397 HUD is as Bill describes with the double red arrows.... One i use on occasion (SHQM) shows this;
    Drivethru.JPG

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think even the several HUDs available in the base game may have different icons. Best to check the penalties page if unsure.