Default Race Events don't show up

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by RedBordoe, Jul 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. RedBordoe

RedBordoe Registered

I can't get the default Race Events to display.
    All of the cars and tracks show up, but none of the race events display.
    I have created a custom Race Event, and it shows up when I de-select All Cars and Tracks, but none of the others do.
    I am running the Steam version.
    When I purchased Rfactor2 I immediately downloaded a bunch of files from the Workshop, all of which were successfully installed.
    When I look at the Packages, everything is "installed".
    Originally the game was installed on my F drive when Ive installed all of my other Steam products, and i was concerned that my issue may have had something to do with it not being on the C drive, so I uninstalled, then reinstalled everything in a Steam folder on the C drive, verified file integrity, and restarted, but the result is the same...Game runs fine, Cars show up, tracks show up, my Custom Race event shows up, but nothing else in Race Events.
    I've tried everything I can logically think of, and I'm stumped.

Anyone know of this situation and have any clues?

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I don't know if there are any other race events by default. I think it's only all cars and tracks.

3. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Look at this thread.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-race-events-after-install.53032/#post-993193
    There are no default race events included anymore.

4. RedBordoe

RedBordoe Registered

You say "anymore". I've seen references to "default series included" on other posts. Does this mean that there were previously default Race Events included that no longer are (for solo player use)?
    Good Lord, if that's true it is a total bummer for folks who want to do off line racing out of the box without having to create their own from scratch. THAT is a total bummer, if so.

5. Bernd

Bernd Registered

A long time ago (look at the date, from when the above linked thread is), race events have been included.
    But it makes no sense to do it, because, as said in the thread that i have linked above, everytime a component that is included into a race event gets an update, the race event don't works anymore and would have to be updated too.
    I would recommend to create your own race events.
    Maybe it looks complicated for you now, but if you have done it a few times, you will see that it only lasts a few minutes to create one.
    And you have the possibility to include every car and every track that you want. ;)

6. RedBordoe

RedBordoe Registered

Well then, looks like that's the way to go (suppressing a loud "Aaaarrrgggh"}
    Thanks Bernd, I really appreciate your help.

Red