Sorry Studio 397 but, or you talk with Oculus people or the game is gone for us...

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Daniel Cuervo, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

GPU/CPU heat? Since it crashes after 30min to an hour. rF2 can push the hardware and easily heat it up.

2. Daniel Cuervo

Daniel Cuervo Registered

Not CPU/GPU heat. Liquid refrigeration.

3. Daniel Cuervo

Daniel Cuervo Registered

Guys, what is the problem with asking Studio 397's developers??? I like Rfactor 2, is my main racing simulator, I'm not against them. I only would like them to ask Oculus's people about this kind of problems, because maybe they could see what's happening and help each others to find a solution for this and other problems that are happening to some Oculus's users actually. Only that. Don't worry, the game will not be cancelled or be marginalized, so take it easy, please...

Again, thanks a lot for the effort, really. But I tried everything, I promise you.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I understand your frustrations (believe me I've been in your shoes many times before!), but as it's only a very small minority experiencing issues with Oculus in RF2 it makes it much harder to find the cause. If it was happening to *everyone* with an Oculus then Yes the issue would likely be somewhere between Oculus & RFactor2, but that is simply not the case as many people are running RF2 on their systems with Oculus just fine. There are 1000 and 1 ways your own system could be affecting your use in RF2 before we even begin to "blame" the software of the game itself, for this reason Studio397 cannot simply "ask Oculus's people..." as they would require as much information as possible which leads me to my next idea:

In Windows itself you can see Error Logs and the same with RFactor2, so in the Launcher (RFactor2) go to the SETTINGS Screen (Cog icon) and in the "Command Line Interface Properties" box enter 'trace=3' (minus the quotes), then when you next run RF2 and it crashes please post the LOG file found in your "rafctor2\userdata\log" folder.
    Also go to your Windows Event Viewer and see what Error Logs are present should any show up, this will help in tracking down the issue. :)

5. Daniel Cuervo

Daniel Cuervo Registered

All right, it could work. Done the command line in the launcher. In windows events i could see that error. It correspond to the crash at the yesterday's race in VEC. I don't know what this error means, but if someone knows or a developer can see this maybe...

Thanks MarcG and all of you. I'm liitle bit frustated but not angry guys. It's a game. ;)

Nombre de registro:Application
    Origen: Application Error
    Fecha: 12/01/2019 18:56:19
    Id. del evento:1000
    Categoría de la tarea: (100)
    Nivel: Error
    Palabras clave:Clásico
    Usuario: No disponible
    Equipo:
    Descripción:
    Nombre de la aplicación con errores: rFactor2.exe, versión: 1.1.1.1, marca de tiempo: 0x5c1d73d1
    Nombre del módulo con errores: SRT_Adapter_x64.dll_unloaded, versión: 0.0.0.0, marca de tiempo: 0x59097fe0
    Código de excepción: 0xc0000005
    Desplazamiento de errores: 0x0000000000005f0e
    Identificador del proceso con errores: 0x3de8
    Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01d4aa9fef3e2b2c
    Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin64\rFactor2.exe
    Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: SRT_Adapter_x64.dll
    Identificador del informe: 1b96ab22-1ce1-41c9-bfae-134a07719835
    Nombre completo del paquete con errores:
    Identificador de aplicación relativa del paquete con errores:
    XML de evento:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-01-12T17:56:19.499448800Z" />
    <EventRecordID>44016</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-S43O9V6</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>rFactor2.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.1.1.1</Data>
    <Data>5c1d73d1</Data>
    <Data>SRT_Adapter_x64.dll_unloaded</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>59097fe0</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>0000000000005f0e</Data>
    <Data>3de8</Data>
    <Data>01d4aa9fef3e2b2c</Data>
    <Data>D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin64\rFactor2.exe</Data>
    <Data>SRT_Adapter_x64.dll</Data>
    <Data>1b96ab22-1ce1-41c9-bfae-134a07719835</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What's SRT_Adapter?

Google brought this up: http://www.simracingtools.com/forum/index.php?topic=90.0

If that's a third party plugin (as it appears to be) you need to remove it if you're going to test things. You should do that with all third party plugins if you're having issues.

7. Daniel Cuervo

Daniel Cuervo Registered

Maybe, I have not third party plugins but yesterday I removed bin64 folder and verified files to ensure. Could it be some display for VR? I don't know...

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You're the one with it, so you should really know. Google would strongly suggest SimRacingTools, and in their forum someone back in June or so reported random rF2 crashing, so I'd be starting there...

9. Daniel Cuervo

Daniel Cuervo Registered

I only had the SHQM_HUD, but i never had problems with it... And many friends have it and the game works fine to them. I don't think it to be the problem... But it could be... Now it's removed.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Aahh yes Lazza points out the obvious one I forgot :D

Remove/uninstall/stop all 3rd party plug ins for RF2 then test again, if that Adapter one is in the plug ins folder then that possibly points to the cause.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

HUDs built on the game hud system aren't related.

The file mentioned above is a .dll file, and it's something to do with simracingtools. Anti-cheat, or some sort of telemetry system, or something (they seem to have a number of tools available). I don't know, you should, because it's associated with your rF2 and potentially causing your issue. You need to work out what it is and why it's there.

It may show up in the Plugins section in the game, or it may not. Depends how it gets loaded. It's not part of rF2 itself, but it's on your system. The fact it gets shown in the crash report strongly suggests it has a lot to do with your issue.

12. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Have you followed this thread? https://forum.studio-397.com/index....hread-settings-tips.55249/page-85#post-967432

Admittedly, i'd prefer to run with the official versions of Oculus etc. and not have to resort to any workarounds, but I've been running Iron Wolf's solution (with the Lite V1 oculus files) for a month or two now and it performs extremely well and has been 100% stable (since I returned my bleeding-edge 2080 Ti and received one with the newer memory that actually worked, that is :eek:P )

13. Week

Week Registered

What's your hardware? I'm not very fan of changing drivers...

14. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

As per my signature ;)

15. Michel Storms

Michel Storms Registered

Was this ever solved? I get the same issues, but they are either there from the start, even in the menus, or they are either NOT there which tells me that my hardware is not the issue. I can run all other sims without any issues in VR, so it's really an rf2 problem. I mailed support and hope they can help me...

Hardware: i7 6770HQ, 16gb, only SSD drives with over 100gb of free space on them, RTX2070

I just reinstalled rf2 to check if this would solve it. Last time I got frustrated and uninstalled, and within 24 hours reinstalled because I like the sim so much and the issues were gone for a while... This is SO weird...

16. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

You haven't specified what issues you are getting. From my perspective, rF2 is running fine on my system with the latest update to rf2, current SteamVR and latest Nvidia GeForce driver.

17. Michel Storms

Michel Storms Registered

Who doesn't run the latest versions these days when everything auto-updates? :)

The issues are stuttering and freezing, even in the menus. I'd blame SteamVR but while I prefer native Oculus support, all other titles run fine.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The OP had crashing, and as you can see in the thread it appeared to come down to a plugin that was probably causing issues (and I see more recently has been identified as a plugin causing stutters in the game generally, as per https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/plugins-you-should-stop-using.63452/

I don't think you have the same issues as the OP, so tacking onto this thread will probably cause more confusion than anything else (can nearly bet someone will reply to the OP).

19. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

Sim Racing Tools is that a motion platform plugin maybe ?

20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

anti cheat