Released Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

What is still missing are the jets flying over the grid at race start with the tricolore.

2. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

There is a comparison video between iracing and rF2.

C3PO likes this.
  3. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

The track needs better lighting at night. Entry to the Mulsanne chicanes need a spotlight, more turns need a spotlight. The white lines on the road need to be more reflective. Corner and apex curbs need more reflectivity. Reflectors on the guard rails need to be brighter. There are more lights all around the track for visual markers.

Here's the Ford GT at night.

felirrari likes this.
  4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

in iRacing the track looks like a track
    in Rf2 the car drives like a car
    laters

VirusGR42 likes this.
  5. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

It's just nasty...

6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The only thing that really stands out in the iRacing version are the skid marks while the rF2 footage seems to be recorded on an allmost green track. Load the track, let AI run with time progression and a lower limiter and it'll look as lively as the iRacing version. Just save the RR file and you're good to go. ;)

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Time of day is a bit different, the first part of the video especially a lot of the track and trackside is in shadow in rF2, makes for a strange comparison. I don't think rF2 quite has the 'harshness' of bright sunlight there yet, though iRacing's trees always look studio lit. Need something in the middle.

mesfigas likes this.
  8. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Nice comparison, much prefer the look of rF2, iR looks like it has a sepia tone applied.

9. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

The recordings are definitely not done at the same time of day - the shadows are coming from the left on the rFactor2 half of the video and from the right on the iRacing half down the same straightaway. Either that so someone's really messed up the position of the sun in their sim.

10. Team Dano

Team Dano Registered

I set up a 12 hour race, X2 time scale against the ai. I race in 1 hour stints and exit to monitor to resume at later time. When the replay time extends past 6 hours and I exit to monitor the game crashes to desktop, not recording any race progress past 6 hours. This must be a recent bug because I have been able to get beyond 6 hours in the past.

bears and DustySticks like this.
  11. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Road texture is flat and looks synthetic. I don't like it at all.

12. STF YVR

STF YVR Registered

Totally agree. I would not have bought this track if I had known the tarmac would look so bad.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I admire your conviction, but if stuff like textures is that important to you perhaps you should wait and check videos from others before you buy it?

14. STF YVR

STF YVR Registered

Thank you for the advice wise ass ... Yes I trusted that at that price the quality level would similar to that of Sebring and I am disappointed.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@STF YVR I'm not being smart. We all have our own standards, and if appearance matters that much to you then you have an opportunity to preview it via others. (I personally wouldn't have it bother me that much, but then I also haven't bought the track)

Past performance isn't an indicator of future performance, that old adage. And don't trust anyone.

Filip and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Old post but anyway ....
    There is talk about rF2 trees not being 3D and looking fake in another thread , lmao at iRacing trees here 0:44 :p

17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

rF2 is not natur simulator it is driving simulator.

Discord:
    "Marrs: Yesterday at 12:06 PM
    Two years ago at SimExpo, Porsche installed AC on that system just for the expo
    (though they did let us drive rF2 before the show opened then). Last year and this year they
    showed rF2."

"Marrs:
    I can confirm the Porsche Cup simulator runs on rFactor 2. There's actually two of them,
    one in Europe, one in the US, and both are used internally for driver training at Porsche.
    We helped them build the physics for the car, the 3D model and track(s) they use are private
    versions. No modifications have been made to rF2 for this, it's the same version everybody here runs."
    https://experience.porsche.com/en/track/events-and-services/additional-services/track-simulator

rFactor Pro at Nordschleife.

:p:D;)

chisco85 likes this.
  18. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

no excuses
    le mans tarmac looks bad
    AMS>Rf2

STF YVR likes this.
  19. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

It is no brainier why 3D grass and trees looks like they do in rF2, think about it a bit and maybe with the time you can also understand why ;)

20. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Sebring tarmac is perfect