HELP. i cant see other cars on track online.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joel Fernandes, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Joel Fernandes

Joel Fernandes Registered

offline i can play normally, but when I join servers of my friends, i cant see them and they cant see me. i already tried to network settings, cable 256 and LAN 5 doesn't work.
    please help me because I paid and I can not play.

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

When you are in the lobby, click on NETWORK SETTINGS and check if SPECTATE is set to ON.
    If it is ON, set it to OFF.

3. Joel Fernandes

Spectate is set to off.

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Maybe a stupid question, but can it be that the server is set to private practice and private quali?
    Can you see the others and can they see you in the race?
    And can you see them and they you on the monitor screen but not on the track?
    Can you see AI cars?

5. Joel Fernandes

My friends see each other, but they do not see me. In boxing, I see their names, but by clicking on the name, you can not see them on the track. In racing, you can not see either. I've been able to do races with them in the past and I have not changed anything in the Game, I just stopped seeing. I've reinstalled the game twice and it's still the same.

6. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Maybe set the speed settings higher, to the max or whatever.

7. Bernd

Bernd Registered

@Joel Fernandes What kind of connection do you use WLAN or wired?
    And have you tried to join with a direct connection link in a shortcut to the launcher?

8. Luís Lobo

Luís Lobo Registered

Exactly the same problem here.
    I noticed that usually the affected person is the one hosting the server. The one who hosts the server is the one who can not be seen and can not see the others.
    Sometimes the problem is intermittent, it disappears for a few seconds. And sometimes it is solved just by leaving and re-joining the server.
    But it's getting worse. Initialy it was happening just sometimes, and with some server hots. In recent weeks, however, it has become a permanent problem, it affects everyone who hosts the server, and we do not find any solution.

9. Bernd

Bernd Registered

If the server is running on the same PC from that the host also joins the server, tell him that he shall join by direct connect and see if that helps.
    To do that, he has to go to the folder ..\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Launcher, rightclick on the 'Launch rFactor.exe' and select 'create shortcut'.
    Then he has to rightclick on the shortcut and select 'properties'.
    In the tab 'shortcut', in the field 'Target', he has to go to the end of it's entry, make a space and add this: +connect="127.0.0.1:64297"
    If he uses another port than the default 64297, he has to change the port in that addition.
    If already started, he has to shut down the launcher and doubleclick on the shortcut, to directly join the server.
    Does that help?

Joel Fernandes likes this.
  10. Joel Fernandes

It worked. Thank you very much.
    But they should solve it without shortcut.