GTE cars randomly going into neutral

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Dean Hayes, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Dean Hayes

Dean Hayes Registered

Anyone having issues with the GTE cars randomly going into neutral? GT3 cars are fine. Thought I'd throw it out there so someone from Studio 397 might see this and create a fix.

2. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Right now we have no clue, so I'm hoping you can describe your problem in more detail, ideally with steps you took to reproduce it.

3. Dean Hayes

Dean Hayes Registered

All I can say is that earlier in the week I was racing the M8 GTE at LeMans in a 1 hour session and had it pop into neutral on 2 occasions while in 6th on the back straight. This morning did an hour at The Bend in the 650S GT3 without any issues then followed up by 30 minutes at the same track in the RSR GTE and again had it go into neutral twice. Wish I could be more helpful.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Maybe you have some button binded to "Neutral" in controller options and it "fires" randomly?

5. Dean Hayes

Dean Hayes Registered

Nope. Neutral is empty.

6. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Neutral is also engaged when pressing both paddles together as well as if you bleep the reverse button.
    The sim randomly selecting neutral by itself is a lower possibility than with your settings/actions.

JimmyT and Alex72 like this.
  7. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Yep agreed. This has never happened to me during almost 2 years of using rF2 so there must be something on OP's end.

8. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

What hardware are you using? I have a Fanatec CSW2.5 and it was doing it randomly, I found it was a loose (only very slightly) connector in the wheel and when I turned and changed gears together it fired double paddle and selected neutral (it would also start the wipers) Like you my neutral was empty. Hardware would be my first port of call. :)

9. Dean Hayes

Dean Hayes Registered

Interesting. I have a Fanatec CSWv2 with the Mclaren 650S GT3 rim. I'll look into that. Thanks JimmyT.